Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me with this please? I need a magic wand!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me with this please? I need a magic wand!!

I am trying to find births of Luke & Winefred I believe her maiden name was McCoy. She was a year older than Luke too.
    Also any marriage details for them?

I am having probs finding anything on Irish pages & not sure where to start looking. I have tried the www.uk-family-histor...
    and also
    www.familysearchlabs...
    and tried

www.census.nationala... 1911 Irish Census free
    all which gave me nothing!!
    Many thanks in advance
    wendy:conf:

1881 England Census
    Luke Mullins born c 1839 Birmingham
    Address: 26 Court 12 House Lower Tower St

Household Members:
    Luke Mullins 42
    Winnie Mullins 45
    Thos. Mullins 16
    William Mullins 14
    John Mackey 16
    Thos. Bennett 12
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 30-10-09, 18:41. Reason: copyright

Bashfulwomble, you would be better putting this query on the Research Qs and As section. Perhaps a Mod could move it for you or you could do it yourself on there.:smilee:
    Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

Have moved your thread from General to Research - hopefully someone will be able to help you.
      I´ve also edited the census details in the first post. Can I ask that you don´t copy and paste from sites such as Ancestry as it violates copyright.
      Thanks.
      Elaine

Comment

McCoy and Mackey could be the same family. Irish accents in Birmingham!

Hugo

Comment

I've found them in Aston in 1871: RG10/3155 fo 131 p 14 (transcribed - understandably - as Murllin)

Unlike 1881, where they are claimed to have been born in B'ham, in 1871, Luke gives Dublin as his PoB, and Winifred gives B{ink smudge}ley, Staffs.

They have a visitor, "Jane McCoy" aged 3 - b Walsall, Staffs.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I think that this is probably Luke with his parents and family in 1861: RG9/2159 fo 28 p 7

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

So Luke MULLINS and Winefred McKAY were married Birmingham 1864 q1 6d-247 (Luke's entry was mistranscribed on FreeBMD - I've put in a correction).

Christine

Comment

I think that this is Winefred with her family in 1861: RG9/2158 fo 44 p 1

That would mean that B{ink smudge}ley, Staffs should read Broseley, Shropshire I suspect.

Christine

Comment

sorry Elaine won't do it again
                  xxxx

Comment

you wouldn't be ableto tell me where they were living in 1861 could you?

Comment

Birmingham 1864 q1 6d-247 - is this the 1st qtr jan feb mar?
                      Many thanks for all your help
                      xxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by bashfulwomble View Post
                        you wouldn't be able to tell me where they were living in 1861 could you?
                        Winefred with her family (McKOY) in 1861: RG9/2158 fo 44 p 1
                        at 5 Upper Hospital St, St George, B'ham
                        father James 59 & his wife (possibly her mother) Catherine 49

Luke with his parents and family (MULLEN) in 1861: RG9/2159 fo 28 p 7
                        It's hard to interpret, but looks like:
                        25 Court Hospital, 5 House, St George, B'ham
                        father William 48 & his wife (presumably his mother) Mary 42.

Christine

Comment

Originally posted by bashfulwomble View Post
                          Birmingham 1864 q1 6d-247 - is this the 1st qtr jan feb mar?
                          Many thanks for all your help
                          xxxxxxx
                          Yes:
                          Q1 = Jan - Mar
                          Q2 = Apr - Jun
                          Q3 = Jul - Sep
                          Q4 = Oct - Dec

Christine

Comment

Thanks so very much you've been a tremendous help
                            xxxxxx

Comment

Working...
                            X