How long should I wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should I wait?

This may seem like a strange question but how long would you wait for a response to an e mail?
    I posted to an archive site asking for costs for something they have in their collection. I only needed to know what it would cost for copies and postage of a specific item and how they would like me to pay. It has been over a week now and I didn't get an automated response either. Should I mail again or should I give it a bit longer?

Maybe I am just impatient ....perhaps they don't understand about brick walls and breakthroughs....
    Ros

Are you confident that an auto-response hasn't been caught in a spam-trap? The kind of thing that you get in an auto-response is often what spam-traps look for.

Otherwise, I think I might try again - a resend, with a covering comment that, because you've had no feedback at all, you aren't convinced that the original message reached them.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by skingers2 View Post
      This may seem like a strange question but how long would you wait for a response to an e mail?
      I posted to an archive site asking for costs for something they have in their collection. I only needed to know what it would cost for copies and postage of a specific item and how they would like me to pay. It has been over a week now and I didn't get an automated response either. Should I mail again or should I give it a bit longer?

Maybe I am just impatient ....perhaps they don't understand about brick walls and breakthroughs....
      Ros
      can you not telephone and ask? rather than email?
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
      X