Problem with Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Ancestry

Just wondered if anyone else is having problems with Ancestry this morning. I am trying to do searches but keep getting the message "Sorry no luck" Now there just had to be a George Green in Houghton in 1901.

Get similar messages when looking for BMDs.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Searching for George Green with Houghton in the keyword box brings up:
    • one in Houghton, Hamps
    • one in Houghton, Sussex
    • one in Houghton, Huntingdonshire
    • one in Houghton Le Spring, Durham

Any good?
    Elaine

Comment

Didn't they say they were doing maintenance today? I remember seeing a bar at the top yesterday mentioning something but I cant remember what.
      Hail Spode!

Comment

There is a scheduled maintenance warning for Monday 2 November, at about 8 a.m. (GMT)
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks for that - our George is the Houghton in Durham. I shall have a go doing it the way you suggested.

Will keep you posted. Thanks again.

Linda
          Linda - Happy Hunting

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Just to let you know - think I found where I was going wrong. I had the "exact matches" box ticked. (Don't know when I did that) When I un-ticked it received lists of alternatives.

Thanks everyone for trying to help.

Linda
            Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

I never use anything other than 'exact matches' - hate it when it brings up a list of possibles that don't match what I have asked for! :smilee:
              Elaine

Comment

Working...
              X