Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was my man married before?

Hi

I have been redoing all of my census links and i have come across something i have never noticed before. John Blampied born 1845 in Trinity Jersey, with parents 1841 to 1861 and then with wife Jane Elizabeth Noel from 1881. Occupation is a carpenter.

I have just found an 1871 census (transcribed as Blumfield) of John Blampied born 1845 in Trinity and a Carpenter living with a Susan Elizabeth Noel and son John William Blampied. I know this isnt a mistake in the wifes name, as Jane is at home with parents in 1871. John William is not with the family in 1881 so im presuming that both mother and child passed.

however he is not living in the same house in 1871 as he did in 61 or 81 so i cant narrow it down that way

does it sound like my man?
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

from a quick look at the census there are two or more John Blampieds born abt.1845 @ trinity..

do you have any certs to confirm your findings?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Robyne

Have you got the refs for those census entries so I can take a look please?

:smilee:

Joanie

Comment

Apologies for the delay. unfortunately i dont have certs as it would mean going to Jersey and i havent had the chance yet. My confirmed John Blampied census is 1881:

RG11, piece 5619, folio 42, page 10

1871 is

RG10, piece 5761, folio 84, page 11

many thanks
        Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Working...
        X