Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FMP sub to 1911 Census only is it worth it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP sub to 1911 Census only is it worth it ?

I really do prefer Ancestry and as I have a sub to them already and only buy credits for FMP for the odd record, is it worth my while taking out the sub to 1911 census I am trying to find out how many look ups that will involve????

Not sure if this helps you Val.

1911 census subscription:
    • 12-month 1911 census subscription – £59.95 (the equivalent of viewing 15 transcripts and images using PayAsYouGo credits).
    • Six-month 1911 census subscription – £39.95 (the equivalent of viewing 10 transcripts and images using PayAsYouGo credits).

If you plan to viewer fewer than 10 households it will be cheaper to use Pay as you Go credits, rather than subscribing – more than 10 households and you are better off getting a subscription.

(On Pay per View it will cost you 10 credits to view a transcript and 30 credits to view an image.)

You really need to do some maths - how many transcripts and/or images do you want to view - allow for viewing some wrong ones as well! :smilee:
    Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine is that unlimited though?? I am using a lot as I'm going forward on quite a few familes and its costing a fortune at the moment

Comment

From what I can see the Fair Use Policy applies here and is the same limit as a normal FMP subscription.

The Fair Usage policy allows an average of no more than 5000 credits per month, over a rolling three month period.

If you are just subscribing to the 1911 census this would allow you to view 200 transcriptions and 100 images per month (on average). For "normal" personal research this seems like a reasonable level.
        Elaine

Comment

thanks very much that seems reasonable to me

Comment

Working...
          X