Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a leap too far?

Hi

I have Patrick Hanley born c1848 (from 1871-1901 census) in Limerick, Ireland (from 1911 census). His first child Michael was born in Wicklow in 1868 and between then and 1870 they moved to Lancashire. I have been unable to find his marriage to Mary Ann McGrady (from birth certs) so im struggling with parents for these two.

Children from these two are (found):
    Michael
    Ann
    James
    Patrick
    Hugh
    Thomas
    Daniel
    John Joseph
    Mary Elizabeth
    Alfred

I have ,however, i believe found Mary Anns parents Hugh and Ann, in the 1881 census (her brother James was living with them in 1871 so i have traced it back this way)

Their children were (that i have found)
    Mary Ann
    James
    Hugh
    Thomas
    Daniel

In the 1861 census i have found a Patrick Hanley born 1845 in Limerick with parents Michael and Hannah but i am unable to find them again after this

children were (that i have found)
    James
    Mary
    Patrick
    Margaret

Does it sound like I am taking too much of a leap with the 1861 family?
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Nudge.

Comment

Good morning Lensgirl....do you know whereabouts in Lancashire they moved to?...The reason I ask is that Garston is known as "Little Wicklow" because so many people moved to Garston from Wicklow in the mid 1800`s...although Garston is now part of Liverpool,it was Lancashire until 1906....so if by some remote chance you can find they moved to Garston ,let me know....allan:Wink:
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Working...
      X