Can you help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help?

Looking for some info on two McKinnons, can anyone help?

1. Duncan McKinnon b. 20/03/1886, m. Ethel L Champ in 1911. They probably lived in London. Duncans's parents where Dugald Brown McKinnon & Mary Simpson m. in London 06/09/1879. I am looking for Duncan death details.

2. Angus McKinnon b. about 1853 in Mull, d. 02/05/1924. Looking for where he died, could be London again. Parents where Hector McKinnon & Margaret (Peggy) Brown. Do not know if Angus was married.

Thanks.

From the death register index

Angus McKinnon Age 71 W.Ham
    Vol 4a Page 62
    Hail Spode!

Comment

Originally posted by guybrush View Post

Vol 4a Page 62
      Thanks for that. Please excuse my ignorance, this death register index is it online? What other information other than name and place of death would it give about the deceased?

Comment

Originally posted by guybrush View Post

Vol 4a Page 62
        The date for this was June quarter 1924
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by BEARGER View Post
          Thanks for that. Please excuse my ignorance, this death register index is it online? What other information other than name and place of death would it give about the deceased?
          The entry is available on freeBMD
          FreeBMD - Search

It doesn´t give you any personal information about the deceased. It provides the death registration reference which you would need if you wanted to order the death certificate from the General Register Office - cost 7 pounds.
          Elaine

Comment

It's on Ancestry/FreeBMD but it hasn't been indexed after 1915ish so you can't search it at the moment but if you have the date of death, you can find the information.

The info I have given you is all it holds but this will enable you to order the death certificate from the GRO at £7 a time if you need it.

Some people on here have the National Burial Index databases and might be able to help you with the burials.

Edit: Snap
            Last edited by guybrush; 29-10-09, 20:32.
            Hail Spode!

Comment

Thanks to you both for the help. Every day is a school day:Wink:

Comment

Working...
              X