Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which software can do this.....

Hi all,

I am looking for software that can display the full tree, not just one person's at a time. Most of the ones I've found, show only one side then you click on the bottom spouse and it then shows their details, but I want to be able to view the whole thing sometimes as it is for my son.

If I can find free or cheap software I'd be happy, but will pay for it if it is really what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
    Rachel

You will find that Family Historian will do what you want.

The Tour

You can download a fully working 30 day demo to explore it properly.
    Last edited by Caroline; 28-10-09, 11:09.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I agree Family Historian will do almost anything with diagrams, including an 'everyone' diagram.

However I would have thought any program would give both sides of an ancestor chart if you start with your son. The trouble with ancestor charts is that they show just that - ancestors! If you want to show all your son's ancestors and other relatives you would need something like Family Histoarian's 'everyone' diagram.

Anne

Comment

With Family Tree Maker 2006 you can create an "all-in-one" chart, and also an ancestor chart with the option of including each ancestor's siblings. I would imagine these are also available in the more recent versions of FTM, but as I haven't used them I'm not sure.

I think Family Historian is supposed to be better for diagrams/charts, but so far I have found the FTM charts easier to use.
        Sarah

Comment

Genbox and GenoPro will also create an all in one tree but geno pro is very basic but it's also free.
          Best Wishes
          Ron
          www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I'm just using a free trial of Family Historian but I can't work out how to make it show everyone. I have my son as the root/focus and I have filled in information from my side and my husbands side....but the tree only shows one or the other. Is there any way round that?

Thanks,
            Rachel

Comment

In Family Historian if you select view - record lists then select families you will get a list of the families. Now if you select the couple you want then goto view - standard diagrams and select all relatives you should get the diagram as you want.

Linda
              Last edited by Lindag; 07-11-09, 14:38. Reason: Make it clearer which software I was talking about
              LindaG

Comment

I would recommend you AGES.
                Many persons are available in my family tree from a family branch.
                A list from 20 metre running of a family is hanging in Australia in a corridor of a farm now. The programme has to be loaded from the Internet by 50 persons for a test stage. It is in English or German by detail of the language (later, other languages still shall arrive) adjustably. It is almost EUR 40.
                You can get you the new version under Ages! Family Tree Software.
                The complete database of my data contains 40.000 persons and is managed without problems. At some queries the storage capacity does not suffice for a representation any more, though. If all relatives shall be reported from 2 big family branches, the limit reached and one are fault reporting dung appears. Since the possibility for representation can be used also to the pressure or a PDF or bmp file, in my opinion many options are given to better control.
                I wish you one beautiful Sunday
                Wolf

Comment

Lindag

Just wanted to say thank you for that fantastic piece of advice on how to build a tree. I haven't really found my way around FH but it is wonderful software.

Thank you again for opening another area for me.

Linda from Murton
                  Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Nudging this so I can find later
                    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Lindag View Post
                      In Family Historian if you select view - record lists then select families you will get a list of the families. Now if you select the couple you want then goto view - standard diagrams and select all relatives you should get the diagram as you want.
                      Another way to get a tree for a couple is to display the tree for one person, then select them and their spouse using CTRL to select the second box and then select the All Relations diagram.
                      Jane
                      Family Historian User Group : My Family History : My Photography
                      "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Comment

Working...
                      X