Problem - with GR or my computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem - with GR or my computer?

I can't seem to get into GR. As soon as I access the site, a pop-up appears saying "Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" - or words to that effect - and my internet connection is broken. Everything else seems OK. I wondered if anyone else has a problem with GR.

Maybe the isn't the right board for this message?

CanĀ“t help much I am afraid. I can get in using Firefox, IE and Chrome.
    Elaine

Comment

I always used to enter GR through the South Africa site, za but cannot now get in that way, I get a message cannot display the webpage.

Entering through uk site is ok though.
      Christine in Portugal

Comment

Apologies, couldn't get back to the computer yesterday evening. Thanks for your interest. I'm very confused about what is used to "get in". When I switch it on, I use the Sky icon to connect to the internet, and can usually connect to GR through the emails I get from them (I have actually tried connecting to the website direct though). I never actually select Internet Explorer for anything, but the error messages I get are from there.

Comment

When I said "get in" I meant using the website url

Discover your family history online today with Genes Reunited. Find your ancestors and create your own family tree online.

I always used

www.genesreunited.za

The za one now doesn't seem to work.

Christine
          Christine in Portugal

Comment

The GR South Africa site you quote is incorrect. It may be that they have changed it, but it's www.genesreunited.co.za which you can access from the front page of the uk version. (at the bottom of page)

Don't know why greybird cannot get into GR though, as the uk link works fine.

Comment

Must be my computer then!

Comment

Sorry for posting the wrong link but the correct one doesn't make any difference.

Both your link and trying from the bottom of the home page both bring up the same message.

Greybird have you tried from the link posted above?

Edited.
                I've just cleared out the cookie for Gr and can now use the za site again so it must have been that stopping mine.

Perhaps if you tried that Greybird all will be ok again.
                Last edited by Christine in Portugal; 29-10-09, 06:35. Reason: more info added
                Christine in Portugal

Comment

Apologies for my erratic "attendance" to this thread - have had to snatch my moments. I have tried the link posted above and did get in, thank you for that, but today I can get in as I usually do anyway (I find a GR email recently received, and "click to read the message". This takes you directly into the site without having to log in). This is what has been happening - one day I can get in and another I can't - which is why I thought it might be a general problem.

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
                  X