computer running slow help please for my granddaughter x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer running slow help please for my granddaughter x

i bought my granddaughter a second hand computer;),we saw it up and running before we bought.but there was stuff on my granddaughter didnt want,so i told her to delete all she didnt want but be carefull only delete what she didnt want,she has and defragged,and got rid of history and temp cokies,and files.but the computer is running slow:conf:.she is usining a dongle is that why i think its 3 mb?what else can i help her to do ? brenda xxx

what Dongle is it, I've got a Virgin one and sometimes is virtually useless, works OK at home in Wolverhampton where I live and don't need it but sometimes away from home it's really slow, depends on the area you are using it in. Usually you only get 3 mbps which is pretty useless.
    Best Wishes
    Ron
    www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

she bought it from a mobile phone shop orange brenda xxx

Comment

Hello Brenmac. Is it the internet that is running slow or the computer. I have a 3 mobile dongle (using it now) for when I am at the caravan. Speed is much slower than my land line at home where I use o2 (brilliant can recommend them).

Is she using an anti virus. I did hear that Norton slows a computer down.

Is she using Vista or XP. I heard that you have to have a fair amount of RAM to run Vista.

Hope we can sort this out for you.

Regards = Linda
        Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Hello Brenmac. Is it the internet that is running slow or the computer. I have a 3 mobile dongle (using it now) for when I am at the caravan. Speed is much slower than my land line at home where I use o2 (brilliant can recommend them).

Is she using an anti virus. I did hear that Norton slows a computer down.

Is she using Vista or XP. I heard that you have to have a fair amount of RAM to run Vista.

Hope we can sort this out for you.

Regards = Linda

PS another one to try is to download the free version of Malwarebytes Malwarebytes.org Be sure to download the free version. When you have done that check for any updates and the run a full scan. This will get rid of any possible nasties that could slow you down.
          Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

linda im not sure as she picked the computer up saw it running.i will have to ask her thankyou brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
            X