can any one tell me please Births

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can any one tell me please Births

Hi I wonder if any one knows if still born babys were registered the year being 1934 thanks so much Tracy
    Twinklestar

Have a look at what it says on the Wiki here Stillbirth - Family Tree Forum

Anne

Comment

Ann thanks so much I just found that it is very interesting thanks again Tracy
      Twinklestar

Comment

All members of the public have, since the 1926 Act, been able to apply for a copy of a still-birth certificate.
        The difference being if they are not parents or siblings they have to apply direct to the Registrar General rather that to the GRO.
        The 1953 Act (current Act) puts it this way (see section 3)-

30.-(1) The Registrar General shall cause indexes of all certified copies of entries in registers sent to him under this Act or under any enactment repealed by this Act to be made and kept in the General Register Office.
        (2) Any person shall be entitled to search the said indexes at any time when the General Register Office is open for that purpose, and to have a certified copy of any entry in the said certified copies, on payment to the Registrar General or to such other person on his behalf of the following fees respectively, that is to say-
        (a) for every general search the sum of thirty shillings ;
        (b) for every particular search, the sum of one shilling and sixpence ; and
        (c) for every certified copy, the sum of three shillings and ninepence.
        (3) The foregoing provisions of this section shall not apply to certified copies of entries in registers of still-births, but the Registrar General may, if he sees fit in any particular case and on payment of as aforesaid of the appropriate fee aforesaid, cause a search to be made for, and allow any person to have a certified copy of any entry in any such certified copies or in any filled register of still-births which has been forwarded to him.

Parish registers (burial register & plot registers) also show burials of still-births and have done since at least the 17th century, often recorded in the father's name, sometimes naming both parents.
        Cheers
        Guy
        Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Guy thank you so much Tracy
          Twinklestar

Comment

Working...
          X