1911 Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Census

has anybody taken up the 1911 census subscription yet. As I have some time on my hands now, i am considering taking one out, is the website holding up under the deluge of searches
    My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

I've got the subscription Paul and haven't had any trouble with the site.
    Elaine

Comment

I think I can echo Elaine's words.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Paulc View Post
        has anybody taken up the 1911 census subscription yet. As I have some time on my hands now, i am considering taking one out, is the website holding up under the deluge of searches
        I think the deluge was when the 1911 was first published and we had the chance to look at it before Christmas last year.
        Margaret

Comment

thanks for the help, i might have a look next week

Comment

Probably nearing my limit already but so useful.
            Jennie
            Research: A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots .

Comment

Is there a limit on what you can search for? I have got a 6 month sub for £39.95 and I have viewed lot of names and addresses already
              PAT

Comment

I hve been tempted to take the 6 month subscription out...can all ge a bit expensive with Ancestry as well i guess...

Comment

Originally posted by chich View Post
                  I hve been tempted to take the 6 month subscription out...can all ge a bit expensive with Ancestry as well i guess...
                  thats my problem as well, its hard to justify the expense and keep the OH happy as well............:emb::emb:

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Hope View Post
                    Is there a limit on what you can search for? I have got a 6 month sub for £39.95 and I have viewed lot of names and addresses already
                    There's a "reasonable use" limit. I think it's 5,000 credit-units per month over three months, on a rolling basis.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I have been wondering what to do about this, I see there is a 20% off this week for FMP, but on the big subscription, I think that was £120 for a year for everything, I've got the basic ancestry, what shoould I do, get a 6month 1911 only or go the whole hog? Will I get a lot more from FMP (apart from 1911)?
                      Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Sue, apart from the census info on FMP, the next most important part for me is the parish record collection.
                        Help and Advice | Knowledge Base | Parish Records at findmypast.com

Really depends if it covers what you need. It's has the transcriptions from the Docklands Ancestor site which is an added bonus for my research.
                        Elaine

Comment

Thanks for that Elaine, I have a few docklands people that might justify the added expense. They have been a mystery for a while, the started living in Grays in Essex, but went to church in Gravesend Kent, not too difficult now we have the Dartford Crossing.....but in the 1800's the only way could have been a boat, I'm sure they worked on the river!
                          Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

I'm with you Sue, I already have ancestry and would love to blitz the 1911 for 6 months, but its a question of whether the full fmp site is worth the extra money, probably not in my case.

Sue...........Incidentally I was born in Grays, have lots of connections etc still with the area and also family in Gravesend, if i can help in anyway, just let me know, although I might add that I live in cheshire now and only get back to Grays a few times a year.

Comment

Working...
                            X