Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone emailed FMP lately?

If so have you had a reply?

I emailed a query on 9 Oct and then again on 18 Oct and to date I have had no reply.

I'm sure I emailed them in the past and had a reply within a few days.

I'm just wondering if anyone has an idea of what time frame they are replying in.
    Kit

Hi Kit, send a pm on here to iantester & ask him why you haven't had a reply, he is the marketing manager at FMP!
    Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

I sent a couple of corrections off yesterday, one said that they would update the site within 28 days, that was for the 1891 census, the other was for the 1911 Census and they said that corrections (if necessary) would be reflected within about 20 days but I would get notification of their decision.

I will wait and wonder:roll-eyes:

Margaret
      Margaret

Comment

I've been having trouble with FMP for the last few days. Census images won't load...they keep saying "file error", or words to that effect.

My Dad has been trying to take out a 1911 subscription for the last week, but somehow can't. He's emailed & rung several times, but had no reply yet.

When I first got 1911 sub. a few weeks ago, I got a very quick reply to acknowledge my transcription corrections, then a reply within a few days about whether they'd been accepted or not.

I wonder if they're just overwhelmed.
        ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

Grrrrrrrr!
          Now I can't even access the site :(
          ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

Originally posted by Vivienne View Post
            Hi Kit, send a pm on here to iantester & ask him why you haven't had a reply, he is the marketing manager at FMP!
            Good idea Viv. Will do that now.

Meridian Line, sorry if I've jinxed you.
            Kit

Comment

FMP not loading images

Hello Meridian,

I cannot load census images either, I discovered that I can open them if I use Internet Explorer as opposed to Firefox.

I can only assume that I am missing a Firefox plugin.

I did send three messages to FMP regarding this but I have heard nothing yet.

best regards

Comment

No reply from Iantester either. Must be busy over there.
                Kit

Comment

Kit, I sent them a message on Wednesday 21st October as they transcribed my grandfather's surname as "Punkis" instead of "Purkis".

I had an e-mail back this morning, so it's taken them just under 6 days to reply:
                  "On this occasion, we agree that there was an error in the transcription."

They say the correction will become visible within 20 days.

I hope your problems get dealt with soon.
                  Elizabeth
                  Research Interests:
                  England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                  Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thanks Elizabeth, still no reply to either email and no reply to my PM to Iantester.

I don't want to send another message as it will just clog their system but it is taking a long time.
                    Kit

Comment

Working...
                    X