Horwell's in canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horwell's in canada

Hi all i am trying to find out ant information about any Horwell's in canada. I know there were several families that moved over there from the UK and I am trying to set up a project to find them. Any help would be appreciated, either to tell me about any you may be related to or know, or to put me on the right track to where I may find any information. I live in New Zealand so apart from the internet I find it near on impossible to get information. My email address is Horwell@thelazyfish.co.nz.

Thanks in anticipation.

Roy Horwell

Hi Roy - Not sure what sort of time frames you are looking at but there are some mentioned in this site for example Home - Library and Archives Canada
    Also if you have a look at one of the major sites - not sure if I can mention it on here? -
    you'll see "passengers departing the UK" (google that and the site comes up) and there are a number of Horwell's including Alex, Bertha, Charles, Elsie, Ethel, John, William etc. that left the UK between 1868 and 1907 and headed mainly for Quebec but also Montreal, Halifax and St Johns NF.
    Last edited by naomiatt; 25-10-09, 03:36.

Comment

Good site for Canadian census etc

Automated Genealogy

Comment

Roy

I can see that you want to be easy to contact, but do you want either [a] your e-address to be open to the whole world via Google? (This part of the site does get picked up by Google). or [b] to have your e-address available in a way which will make it easy for spammers to "harvest"?

If the answer to either of those is "no", then you may wish to ask folks to send you a PM, and then give them your e-address by PM, which is less exposed.

Alternatively, the halfway house option would be to break up the e-address so that it has to be manipulated before it's used: e.g. inserting spaces, or putting {at} (say) instead of @

And, sorry, I can't help with HORWELLs, I'm afraid. You may be able to find some hints for Canada and migration in the Wiki.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
        X