Is there a site for Parish records in Woodham Ferrers Essex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a site for Parish records in Woodham Ferrers Essex

I would love to find out who the Parents were of a Sheba Miller born abt 1803 Woodham Ferrers Essex
    Are there any records online for this area thanks

Some of the SEAX parish registers on-line go to the very early 1800s. You might be lucky and find that Woodham Ferrers is one of them. I can't check at the moment as the system is down.

On the right hand side there's a button for Essex Ancestors. This takes you to the parish registers.
    Jenny

Comment

thanks Jeneco got a feeling somebody else gave me that link and I did not understand how to use it but will try again and let you know

Comment

Val

LDS do have the Parish Records on film (FHL 1702006) for Woodham Ferris (as it was known) covering 1803.

There is a copy of the film at their London Family History Centre (opp Science Museum).

If someone is going there in the foreseeable future, perhaps they could look it up for you?

Carol

Comment

thanks for that Carol will see if I can cadge a look up

Comment

Val, I will be visiting the essex record office on Tuesday or Wednesday and will have a look for Sheba (what a lovely name) in the Woodham Ferrers/Ferris registers if I get time.
            Judy
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

ooh really ??? thats so nice of you I must say I did think the name must be wrong as its so unusual in my family but it seems to check out
              I know nothing about her other than who she married no idea who her parents were nothing.
              On re reading the Census looks like she was born abt 1806 not 1803 but of course as you know could be either way thanks so much .

Comment

that site is up and running now does anybody know how much they charge for stuff ???
                and more importantly do I have to register thanks

Comment

Val, you can search the SEAX site as a guest and if the baptism register you want has been put on line you'll be able to see the image for free. They're not name indexed so it will mean searching through the page images. If you can't find it my offer to do the look up still stands.

Comment

Hi and thanks thought I'd save you the hassle but I dont understand how to access the images it asks me to order it then says I have to have a Carn ticket

Comment

val, that means the records your trying to access arnt online yet.

Comment

oh does it ??? boo hoo hoo thanks

Comment

I must be thick ??? dont answer that

now I am getting a lot of lists but not sure how you access the images ????

Comment

i know your frustration! all the parishes i want arnt online either!

Comment

well the parish I want is now coming up ??? but I must be clicking on the wrong thing ??
                              gggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Seax - Essex Ancestors -> Woodham Ferrers -> St. Mary the Virgin

Hi Val
                                Don't know if this link will work. I see the baptisms only go up to 1802.
                                Moggie

Comment

thanks Moggie I got as far as that and they do go up to 1812 ??? but cannot work out if they are available and how to view them or if you have to order them ?
                                  I am getting really frustrated so think I will take Judy up on her very kind offer

Comment

Hi Val
                                    I meant 1802 online. You can only view the ones that say digital images which for baptisms is the first one.
                                    Moggie

Comment

told you I was stupid didnt I lol thanks again ,think I'll go hide under a stone

Comment

Hi Val, went to the ERO this afternoon and found Sheba, along with some siblings. I will pm you with details but in meantime Sheba's baptism is actually online as she was a little older than you thought. Try this link. It's image number 127 if it doesn't come up on the right page.
                                        Seax Image Viewer

Comment

Working...
                                        X