No announcement yet.

National Burial Index 3rd edition when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Burial Index 3rd edition when?

I am thinking of buying the NBI but have heard there is a 3rd edition due out soon. Does anyone know about this and where to buy from and price?
    Cheers,

There is no date given on the FFHS website - FFHS - NBI edition 3

It is really important that you check to see if the discs cover the parishes and time periods you are interested in.
    You can get an idea of coverage of version 2 from the following link - NBI coverage - click on the blue county names to see what parishes are included.

The cost for version 2 is about 45 pounds - which is quite expensive - but most of the data is available on Findmypast either on subscription or pay per view.
    Elaine

Comment

I do have a sub for FMP but rarely find their pre '37 records come up with anything for me. In fact a friend has just found an important death for me on her old version. The coverage for 'my' counties looks reasonable so maybe I'll invest after the postal strike.
      Thanks for your advice,

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
        There is no date given on the FFHS website - FFHS - NBI edition 3

It is really important that you check to see if the discs cover the parishes and time periods you are interested in.
        You can get an idea of coverage of version 2 from the following link - NBI coverage - click on the blue county names to see what parishes are included.

The cost for version 2 is about 45 pounds - which is quite expensive - but most of the data is available on Findmypast either on subscription or pay per view.
        It will most likely be launched at/for the Who Do You Think You Are fair in February.
        Cheers
        Guy
        Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Thanks Guy,
          Will wait, hopefully, for February,

Comment

ooohh that'll be interesting to see how much they charge for the upgrade.
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Would someone with a sub please look at Thomas Murray died 1921 and Minnie Murray died 1925 both Cheshire. I'm hoping they are man and wife.

Comment

Buried at 2 separate places, Thomas b 1867 buried 5 Dec 1921 in Bowden, Minnie b 1868 buried Nov 1925 in Compstall, so sorry no idea if they are husband and wife

Comment

many thanks champagnegal. The places aren't right so they're not mine.

Comment

Working...
                  X