Help finding birth and death reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding birth and death reference

I am trying to find out more about one of my uncles wives.
    The person concerned married my uncle in 1952.
    I am not sure if the lady is alive or deceased or if there were any off-spring of this union, my uncles name was Frederick Alexander Makey, and had children in his first marriage but changed his name to Mackey. He passed in 2005.

They lived in Chester, I am unable to find a birth or death reference for his wife.

If anyone can assist I would be greatful.
    Last edited by andymak; 24-10-09, 19:40.
    Life's a journey not a destination.

Currently researching: Makey (Kent), Heath & Neil (London & Devon), Pegg (Norfolk & Suffolk), Gulliford (Cornwall).... Still busy busy!

I think you'd need to get the marriage certificate to find out her birth details like year and father. I'll PM you the index references just in case she's alive. Also, I'd remove her name from your post if you think she might be alive. ;)
    Hail Spode!

Comment

Many thanks Guybrush, I have some letters from my uncle and as far as I can make out Anne has passed but as a death reference cannot be found I will edit the initial posting.

Can anyone tell me how to change the thread title?
      Last edited by andymak; 24-10-09, 19:49.

Currently researching: Makey (Kent), Heath & Neil (London & Devon), Pegg (Norfolk & Suffolk), Gulliford (Cornwall).... Still busy busy!

Comment

Andy, once you have posted your thread then titles can only be changed by moderators/admins.
        I´ve amended it for you - if it´s not what you want then let me know and I´ll change it again.
        Elaine

Comment

Many thanks Elaine, that will do fine. :smilee:

Comment

Have sent you a pm with possible death registration.
            Elaine

Comment

Elaine, you are a star!
              Many thanks for the birth and death details, I don't know how you found them as I tried all variations of Makey, and her surname.
              I now have lots of info to go forward with.

Comment

No problem. Glad to have been able to help!
                Elaine

Comment

Hi Again, Its Alan Makey here, your Uncle was my Father, his first wife my Mother, Hilda Anne Elizabeth nee Birch, now deceased.
                  They had seven children, one child died during childbirth, two of my sisters are now deceased, I have one elder sister still alive and two brothers.
                  Info on request, where do we meet on our family history? we must be COUSINS!

Kindest regards
                  Alan :D

See my website at

Comment

Originally posted by genealogy View Post
                    Hi Again, Its Alan Makey here, your Uncle was my Father, his first wife my Mother, Hilda Anne Elizabeth nee Birch, now deceased.
                    They had seven children, one child died during childbirth, two of my sisters are now deceased, I have one elder sister still alive and two brothers.
                    Info on request, where do we meet on our family history? we must be COUSINS!

Kindest regards
                    Alan :D

See my website at
                    http://makeyfamilyheritage.weebly.com/
                    Hi genealogy,
                    This thread is quite old so I think you might be best to send a PM to andymak and hope that he has it set to be forwarded to an email address which he still uses, otherwise he might not see your post.
                    Margaret

Comment

HI,
                      The details are on Findmypast and will cost 5 credits to view.

MACKEY Anne Webster England Cheshire, Chester & Ellesmere Port 1992

Comment

Working...
                      X