Got to share this dont give up on finding Census records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to share this dont give up on finding Census records

Finally found a family in 1861 surname Tyler mistranscribed as ???

ANGLES

yet if you really look at the image it is quite clearly Tyler well it is to me

That's why I try searching with just a christian name and year and place of birth - hopefully then it comes up - but sometimes I just can't find them - even deleting place of birth.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I tried all that and got nothing ,this time I just put place of birth and rough year then trawled through I am so pleased now trying to find them in 1901

Comment

Well done! That's real determination! A deserved reward.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

hi Christine just wish I could find him with his new lady in 1901 have tried all I can think of GRR

Comment

My all-time fave was finding Emily Stevens mistranscribed as Emily Howard. If you didn't know it was meant to say Stevens then Howard was a fair guess. But not even one letter the same!!!!!
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

makes you wonder who transcribes them

Comment

Perhaps the transcribers are as dim as me, though.

I went to great trouble to look up the birthplace quoted on a census. I had never heard of "Chelford" in Essex, but when I looked at the image it said "Shalford".

I found this tiny one horse place near Braintree and entered it carefully in the tree.

I've just managed to push this family back another two census and the birthplace is clearly

STRATFORD in Essex!!!

OC

Comment

its so time wasting but so satisfying when you sort it out isnt it OC ???
                  All I seem to get these days is emails from Ancestry thanking me for my contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    All I seem to get these days is emails from Ancestry thanking me for my contribution.
                    Yeah... I get quite a lot of those, too. Plus some from FMP.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

maybe they should pay us all Christine ??

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                        maybe they should pay us all Christine ??
                        I keep suggesting that Ancestry should consider a small discount per contribution (or number of accepted contributions). No success yet! :roll-eyes:

Christine

Comment

Working...
                        X