• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sarah elizabeth o'shea

Trying to find a birth of:

sarah elizabeth o'shea

she married in 1906 at age 24 to lawrence henry andrews in llanelly
    her father was called edward o'shea and worked in a copper works

although i cant be sure, she may or may not have been born in ireland, as i know this family has roots in ireland although im not sure how far back

Someone with access to the 1911 census should be able to help. Lawrence and 'Elizabeth' are living together in Llanelly but I dont have access to more info.
    Hail Spode!

Comment

thanks
      it would be great to know where she was born so i can find her birth certificate for a relative

Comment

says she is 29 and born in Carmarthen Carmarthenshire son Frederick 2 born in Llanelly Carmarthenshire
        living at 5 Sandygate Terrace Llanelly Cam
        Husband a Loader or Charge wheeler also born in Llanelly

Comment

by the way she is calling herself Elizabeth

Comment

thank you

just checked that info on freebmd and couldnt find a match?

Comment

Might be worth checking out these:

1901 census
              RG13; Piece: 5088; Folio: 45; Page: 38.
              - Ancestry.co.uk

There is a child recorded as Lizzie - and I know the occupation for Edward doesn't match and the age for Lizzie is a bit out - but when you trace the family back to 1891 she is recorded as Sarah Elizabeth.

1891 census
              RG12; Piece: 4495; Folio 35; Page 12
              - Ancestry.co.uk
              Elaine

Comment

.. and if you trace the same family forward to 1911 you will find Edward and Mary O'Shea with grandson Willie Andrews, age 4 staying with them.
                Elaine

Comment

I can't find her on FreeBMD either, but in the 1901 Welsh census there's a Lizzie O'shea aged 22 living in Llanelly with parents Edward and Mary and sister Winifred .

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                    Might be worth checking out these:

1901 census
                    RG13; Piece: 5088; Folio: 45; Page: 38.
                    - Ancestry.co.uk

There is a child recorded as Lizzie - and I know the occupation for Edward doesn't match and the age for Lizzie is a bit out - but when you trace the family back to 1891 she is recorded as Sarah Elizabeth.

1891 census
                    RG12; Piece: 4495; Folio 35; Page 12
                    - Ancestry.co.uk
                    i canceled my ancestry sub as i wasnt planning on doing any research this month, so i cannot view atm, does it say she was born in carmarthen?

Comment

Both 1891 and 1901 - born c 1879 Llangadock, Carmarthenshire, Wales
                      Elaine

Comment

Do you want a transcription of the 1891 and 1901 census?
                        Elaine

Comment

yea that would be great

seached with a birth in Llangadock with parents edward and mary and cant find a match for a birth :(

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                            Both 1891 and 1901 - born c 1879 Llangadock, Carmarthenshire, Wales

My niece lives in the area, and I've never heard of Llangadock. I think it should be Llangadog.

Comment

Where are you searching for the birth.
                              Have you checked freeBMD-but it's not possible to search using parent's name.
                              Elaine

Comment

I wonder if Sarah Elizabeth was illegitimate, and registered under her mother's maiden name? Can't find a marriage for her parents, though.

Comment

1901 census
                                  Edward O'Shea c 1859 Hereford, Herefordshire – occ grocer and shopkeeper
                                  Mary O'Shea c 1859 Llangadock, Carmarthenshire
                                  Lizzie O'Shea c1879 Llangadock, Carmarthenshire
                                  Winnifred O'Shea c1889 Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire

Address 103 Lower Ann Street, Llanelly

1891 census
                                  Edward O Shea c 1859 Hereford, Herefordshire - occupation Groom (I think – image blurred)
                                  Mary O Shea c 1859 Llangadock, Carmarthenshire
                                  Sarah Elizabeth O Shea c1879 Llangadock, Carmarthenshire
                                  Mary Winifride O Shea c1889 Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire
                                  Thomas Sullivan c1876 Pembroke, Pembrokeshire,

Address 6 King Square Llanelly
                                  Elaine

Comment

Her sister's birth's correctly registered:

Births Mar 1889
                                    O'Shea Mary Winifred Carmarthen 11a 891

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                                      I wonder if Sarah Elizabeth was illegitimate, and registered under her mother's maiden name? Can't find a marriage for her parents, though.
                                      Was thinking the same Mary, as I cannot see the family in the 1881 census.
                                      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post

i cant either

hm:conf:

Comment

Working...
                                        X