Help saving 1911 pages please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help saving 1911 pages please.

I can't work out how to save the 1911 Household transcript pages to my computer. Where I have paid for the original image I can save to my computer from the link top right of the page. However, most of my saved ones are just the transcript page and this doesn't have a 'Download this image' link. There are 4 bars along the top saying 'Export as PDF' - 'Export as Excel' - 'Export as Spreadsheet' and 'Export as text'. I can't see a way to highlight the one I want though and I haven't a clue which would be the best option to choose anyway.

Help please :conf:
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

What I do is make a pdf version of the transcript page which saves it to your PC.
    I have a free programme called dopdf5 here's a link http://http://www.dopdf.com/. It's a useful programme to have anyway and what is does is install as if it's a printer so you click print on the 1911 and then when your print screen comes up select dopdf in the 'printer name' at the top and then you get a save to screen and go as normal.
    Margaret
    amended link
    Last edited by margaretmarch; 24-10-09, 12:25.

Comment

Hmmn I see what you mean Chrissie.

When looking at a particular household entry, the only option is to print it off..

there is a view for printing button above the search button on RHS.

failing that I suppose you could do a screen grab...

which would be whilst you are looking at the entry, you need to press Ctrl + prt sc (or sometimes on laptops you need to press [fn+Prt Sc] these keys are blue on my laptop).

I know its not the same, but it is a workaround.

maybe the nice folks at FMP will think about adding a save this record to your puter button.?
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Or if you can't do what Margaretmarch does you could print it off and then scan it in. A bit longwinded but at least you'll have a digital copy too then.

Comment

the link is wrong on Margarets post.

Try this

PDF Converter - Convert to PDF free with doPDF
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thank you Margaret and Wendy :smilee:

Thanks Julie - off to try that now :smilee:

Thanks Maggie :smilee: Yes, that's the only thing I could think of. I have printed them out ready, but what a palaver :Big Grin:

Comment

Tried both of those Julie but neither do anything :conf:

Comment

I should've said that once you have grabbed it, you will need to open windows paint, then ctrl+v and it will paste into paint.

If you use Picasa 3 it will auto save any screen shots you take..
                Julie

Comment

Sometimes the print screen button on the keyboard is not activated. I have had to instal another free programme called Gadwin Printscreen 3.1 to make the button work here's the link Screen Capture and Print Screen software
                  Margaret
                  PS the only problem with this option is that sometimes your transcript is bigger than the screen so you don't get it all in one shot.
                  Last edited by margaretmarch; 24-10-09, 12:31.

Comment

Thanks again Julie and Margaret :smilee: Sorry, just realised that I put it in the wrong place :emb:

Comment

I've used MWSnap for years for capturing screenshots. It's free, very easy to use, and only requires just over half a MB of space.
                      Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                        Thanks again Julie and Margaret :smilee: Sorry, just realised that I put it in the wrong place :emb:
                        thats ok, just glad you didnt mind me moving it!! :smilee:
                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                        X