Missing in 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing in 1911

I'm trying to track down a family on the index of 1911 (Not asking for a look up, just if you can find on the index).

James Cain B. 1843 Norwood Middx
    Florence b. 1868 Werrington Northampton
    Nora b 1894 Greenford
    Thomas b. 1895 Greenford
    Harry b. 1898 Ealing.

In 1901 they are living in Ealing where James runs a Dairy. By 1911 they could have a few more children including Cecil. I don't know if any of them have died, but do know that Tom was still alive as he died on the Somme. I can't seem to find any family to fit the bill.

Thanks

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Cant see anything - what year was Cecil born? and where?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I don't know - I think he was the sixth of 8 children so possibly around 1905 but that is just a guess. I have just found Thomas's details on CGWC and his parents are listed as being at 400 Gladstone St Peterborough, presumably in 1916. Thomas gave his address as Ealing when he enlisted

Linda
      Last edited by ozgirl; 23-10-09, 21:30. Reason: punctuation - errant apostrophe!
      Linda

Comment

No I can't find them either

Have tried just using their christian names and year of birth but no success - sorry

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Thanks for trying JBee - I think i've tried all combinations of first names etc too, but nothing seems to be likely. Obviously they must have slipped through the net.

Linda
          Linda

Comment

What about this Henry George Cain born 1900 living in Brentford Middlesex there is a Thomas in the Household too

Comment

Afraid not Val, none of the other inhabitants are a match. Thanks anyway
              Linda

Comment

oh sorry its hard when you dont view the images

Comment

Actually, I'm just assuming that all the people on the index for residing with George Henry Cain are in the same household, and unfortunately none of them match. They are proving an elusive bunch. I have found the nameof another sibling - Eileen, who was one of the youngest, but again no joy.

Linda
                  Linda

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                    I'm trying to track down a family on the index of 1911 (Not asking for a look up, just if you can find on the index).

James Cain B. 1843 Norwood Middx
                    Florence b. 1868 Werrington Northampton
                    Nora b 1894 Greenford
                    Thomas b. 1895 Greenford
                    Harry b. 1898 Ealing.

In 1901 they are living in Ealing where James runs a Dairy. By 1911 they could have a few more children including Cecil. I don't know if any of them have died, but do know that Tom was still alive as he died on the Somme. I can't seem to find any family to fit the bill.

Thanks

Linda
                    Have you got James Cain's birth year wrong? Because that would make hm 68 in 1911. Or was he much older than his wife Florence, I'm assuming Florence was his wife or was she his daughter?

Comment

Florence was his wife, and she was quite a bit younger. It was his second marriage I believe. Florence was my oh's gg aunt, but we know very little of that side of the family.

Linda
                      Linda

Comment

I can see that there is a baptism entry for Cecil Cain on ancestry, child of Florence and James Cain, so he must have been born before 1906. Also in Middlesesx, so seems to tie up with the BMD entry for 1903.
                        Linda

Comment

There are 2 baptisms on that day for children of James and Florence.

Bapt 13.5.1905 St Mary, Ealing
                          Violet Mary born 16.2.1905 and Cecil Cain born 30.6.1903
                          Parents - James and Florence
                          51 Clovelly Rd
                          Father's occupation - Gentleman

Even with that extra information I haven't been able to find them in 1911
                          Jackie

Comment

Thanks Jackie, that gives me their dob's, which I hadn't had before. I see James has stopped being a Dairyman now.
                            Linda

Comment

Florence was his wife, and she was quite a bit younger. It was his second marriage I believe. Florence was my oh's gg aunt, but we know very little of that side of the family.

Linda
                              ahh okay

I haven't managed to find them either. Could they have emigrated?

What regiment was Thomas in during WW1?

Edit to say: Its okay I found him Duke of Cambridge's Own (Middlesex Regiment) residence still Ealing.

I think they were probably living at the same address 29 The Grove if you search by address No 29 is missing which is probably why you can't find them.
                              Last edited by Guest; 24-10-09, 12:10.

Comment

They didn't emigrate. On the CWGC it gives James and Florences Address as 400 Gladstone St, Peterborough, and his wifes as 15 North St Eastbourne. . The address in Eastbourne was that of OH's g grandparents. I'm not sure who of the next generation are still alive so can't give any more info. Florence and her sister came from a family of 13, but only 4 married of which 3 had children.

Linda
                                Linda

Comment

They didn't emigrate. On the CWGC it gives James and Florences Address as 400 Gladstone St, Peterborough, and his wifes as 15 North St Eastbourne. . The address in Eastbourne was that of OH's g grandparents. I'm not sure who of the next generation are still alive so can't give any more info. Florence and her sister came from a family of 13, but only 4 married of which 3 had children.

Linda
                                  I edited my post above if you read it it is my view. I looked at his medal card there is any correspondence on the back or an address but on the entry is says residence Ealing.

Comment

Thanks Maggie - I hadn't tried searching by address, silly me . I think the truth is that they just didn't complete the census form. Obviously had no consideration for future generations doing family history

Linda
                                    Linda

Comment

Thanks Maggie - I hadn't tried searching by address, silly me . I think the truth is that they just didn't complete the census form. Obviously had no consideration for future generations doing family history

Linda
                                      That's possible No 29 isn't on the enumators schedule but I thought by 1911 they would have been fined but perhaps not or perhaps they didn't care.

No consideration to us. :smilee:

Comment

was James married to a Jemima ??? as there is a baptism for a Amelia Cain 1873 parents James and jemima he is listed as a Carman which could be a dairyman and they are In Ealing

Comment

Working...
                                        X