census help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• census help please

hi, im having difficulty finding some siblings in the 1901 census. they are the children of peter ford (1833-1905) and elizabeth ambler (1833-1898) married in 1858 leeds.

1) william thomas ford- b.1858, woolwich, kent. he married elizabeth taylor in 1884 at all souls, leeds. i've found him in the 1911 indexes.
    last seen in leeds in 1891- rg12, piece 3699, folio 108, page 13

2) elizabeth ford- b.1864, woolwich, kent. she married henry charles mercer in 1889, chapel allerton. i have found her in the 1911 indexes.
    last seen in 1891, leeds- rg12, piece 3713, folio 44, page 1

3) frank ford- b.1874, leeds, yorkshire. married emma christiana smith or sarah jane robertson in bradford in 1900. i think it is the latter, as i have found him in 1911, but not sure if the wife is with him in the indexes.
    last seen in 1891 with his parents.

i have found arthur p.ford b.1866, in 1891, living in northumberland on ancestry, can someone please give me the reference?

1) Transcribed as Wm Thos Ford & Elizth Ford plus Annie 14, Edith 10, Wm Thos 6 and Mabel 1
    95 Burley Lodge Terrace, Headingley, Leeds

Enable Cookies - Ancestry.co.uk
    Jackie

Comment

Not having much luck with Elizabeth

The only likely Frank I can find is shown as aged 27 born Leeds and living in Sale Cheshire as a boarder. The only problem is that it says he is single, although he is a Gardener not domestic which ties in with 1891

Enable Cookies - Ancestry.co.uk
      Jackie

Comment

thanx for finding william night owl! cant believe i didnt think of the abbreviation!
        im not surprised elizabeth is hiding really well! i saw that frank too, but wasnt sure. im sure he married, but then again he may not. i found one of their brothers in nottingham in 1911, so i suppose it wouldnt be unheard of for this family not to settle in yorkshire!

Comment

HI

1911 Elizabeth Mercer was a Widow living with her daughter Dorothy bn circa 1900 Newcastle, Northumberland.

1901 you can find them mistranscribed as Merris living in Byker, N'land but look for Dorothy she stands out better on this census.
          WendyP

Comment

thanx so much wendy! wow, no wonder i couldnt find them! haha.
            could someone please give me the reference for arthur p. ford in 1891?
            and here i was thinking i was doing well on my census searching. :Big Grin:

Comment

HI

1911 finds a

Sarah Jane Ford age 31 married for 10 years bn manningham
              Mable Ford age 8
              Hellen C Robertson 73 Mother

and a boarder

Sarah and her hubby have had 2 children and only 1 is still living.

Not sure where Frank is yet but he's not here at home.
              WendyP

Comment

HI

Just found Frank and Sarah in the 1901 census and this Frank is showing as bieng born in Burley in Wharfdale and is a shop assistant Grocer

The Ref for this census is

RG13; Piece: 4162; Folio: 136; Page: 6.

Do you still think that this Frank is yours?
                WendyP

Comment

HI

1911 finds

Arthur Poole Ford 44 Domestic Gardner bn Meanwood Leeds
                  Francis Ford 34 married 1 year
                  Jane Wa*** Ford 15 bn Pontefract Wentbridge?
                  Arthur Alfred Ford 8 """"""""""""""
                  Dorothy Mary Ford 5 bn Dumorow Essex
                  baby Ford under 1 mth not named yet

Living in Worksop Notts

There are 2 marriage for Arthur Poole Ford but as of yet I cant find him in the 1901 census

Wendy
                  WendyP

Comment

thank you for those wendy! sorry its been a while. busy, busy!

here is arthur in 1901 with wife dorothy: rg 13, piece 4308, folio 26, page 11
                    i have a note of arthur in 1891 in nottingham, but i havnt written the reference.

starting to doubt its my frank then. i have found a likely frank in 1911. age 37, b.1874. i havnt noted the town, but it would be leeds. id just assumed he was away from home.

Comment

HI

Just seen the Frank the you found born 1874 Yorks Chapel Allerton Leeds he is noted as single and his Occ is landscape gardner. Living at 7 Lombard st Rawdon in the Reg district of Wharfedale. He is boarding with a family headed by a widow called Clara Haste.
                      WendyP

Comment

so my frank didnt marry before 1911 then! phew. i had seen a marriage for a frank ford in north bierley in 1910, which i had wondered about, but now i know if he married, it will be later!

Comment

Working...
                        X