jean tate nee cave i think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jean tate nee cave i think

jean had 2 children trying to find out thier names or any info on her and them please
    looking for binns,cave,forey,cheale,simpson,

Can you give us a bit more information such as approximate year of marriage and parish/county.

Please remember that we don't allow you to post details of living people - if you think this might apply in this case then send a personal message (PM) to me and I'll see if I can see anything in the Ancestry indexes. If the people concerned have died then no problem posting details on the forum.
    Elaine

Comment

jean was murdered in 1954 by her partner he was'nt the father to her children

Comment

i have pm'd you thanks for helping

Comment

Originally posted by debsimlfc View Post
          jean was murdered in 1954 by her partner he was'nt the father to her children
          Any idea which part of the country we are talking about her?
          Elaine

Comment

sorry she lived in bradford west yorkshire

Comment

Have found something about her in the Times Digital Archives - do you already have copies of the newspapers reports?
              Elaine

Comment

no i just found the story in a book at the library she was my great grandads cousin

Comment

OK - do you want to send me your email address (by PM) and then I'll send you on copies of whatever I can find?
                  Elaine

Comment

ok thankyou so much

Comment

I've also found something in the Guardian which I can send if you would like. It says that the man who was convicted was the father of the 2 children
                      Jackie

Comment

ok i may have got the details wrong thanks i will pm you my email

Comment

It's strange because she is recorded as Mrs. Jean Tate in the newspapers - but I cannot see any marriage between CAVE / TATE. How do you know her maiden name was Cave?

I'll email what I have got - which isn't much - hopefully the Guardian report may help more.
                          Elaine

Comment

my mum remembers being told the story when she was younger and the book from the library called "hung at leeds" names her as jean cave tate

Comment

Hi I am looking for anyone who might be able to shine some light on my grandma she was jean cave tate anything would be good

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum.

What sort of information were you after, I see from this thread that she was murdered, how distressing. There are many articles in the british newspaper archives now, dis you want some information on the other aspects of her life? what do you have already?
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

A tree on Ancestry shows she was born as Jean Cave b.8/7/1930 Bowling, Bradford, Yorkshire, illegitimate and said to be a niece of a Jessie Smith (?) who'd married a Swift Richardson in 1935. She married an Eric Tate in 1948 Bradford as Jean C. Richardson. She was murdered by a Winston Shaw (said to be his ex-girlfriend) . The tree is somewhat confusing as it indicates 5 Cave illegitimate children born 1918 to 1931 all supposedly nephew/nieces of Jessie and adopted by she and Swift Richardson which seems somewhat odd and wonder if Jessie was actually their mother not aunt(???) and adopted by Swift Richardson after their marriage. Only Jean Caves' birth certificate can confirm the name of her mother unless you already know for sure.

However, Jessie is shown on the tree with maiden name of Smith (?) but she was Jessie Cave when she married Richardson - in 1911 census she is shown as a Jessie Smith, niece of a John William Cave and wife Rose (nee Smith) but she is calling herself Cave when she marries 1935 (and can't find a marriage of a Jessie Smith to a Mr. Cave) so don't see how she became a Cave as an adult. 1939 register shows Jessie's birth date as 21/5/1893 - tree shows she died in 1974 but this appears to be an error and looks like she died in 1950, the year after the death of husband Swift. Just checked 1901 census and Jessie appears as Jessie Cave, and daughter of John William Cave and Rose (who was nee Smith) and suspect she was daughter of Rose Smith before her marriage to John Cave in 1896. So it's all a bit complicated at the moment and a lot of checking needs to be done.

Annette

Comment

I dont know much to be fair just the basic information is there any way I can find out who my dad's dad is as on his birth certificate my dad's surname is tate not shaw

Comment

Originally posted by June constable View Post
                                      I dont know much to be fair just the basic information is there any way I can find out who my dad's dad is as on his birth certificate my dad's surname is tate not shaw
                                      I think that the best option would be to start at the beginning [you] and work backwards, do you have a copy of your birth certificate? does it name your father? were your parents married at all? do you have a copy of their marriage cert? Are your parents still living? you cannot post names of living people on here, but you can post details of them if they have already passed.

Julie
                                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Jean was living with Winston and his wife Florence May, in Tenter Street. The 3 of them are on the reg of electors. in 1954

A newspaper report says that the 2 children were left with his wife, and that she Jean and Winston lived in a flat together Cunliffe court. Jean was worried by Winston and the NSPCC were involved and they move her and the children to a safe house.

until you have been on the forum for 10 days and made 10 posts you can't see images, so I have not attached atm.
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
                                        X