Handsworth in Birmingham ????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handsworth in Birmingham ????????

have a Mabel Green 8 months old on the 1911 Census says born Handsworth in Birmingham having trouble finding her Birth reg
    there is a Catherine Mabel Green reg in June 1910 Birmingham Warwickshire would you say thats her ? thanks

If you have Handsworth names - keep an eye on Digital Handsworth (I think that's the name). I think there's a link in the Wiki.

It's a millennium project and has lots of material, including images of the Parish Church Baptism Registers - but "only"* late C19th when I last looked.

*"only" she says! - We're lucky to have any at all.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks Christine hope I dont get lost in there

Comment

That's probably that's too early for 8 months. I think Handsworth comes under West Bromwich and there is a Mabel B Green in Q/E Sep 1910 which could be her
        Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          thanks Christine hope I dont get lost in there
          I think it would be all too easy to start exploring that site, never to be seen again! :D

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

just come up for air lol
            thanks Jackie that does look more likely

Comment

Jackie where did you find that I cant thanks

Comment

On FreeBMD just search for Mabel Green Sep 1910

For some reason they've transcribed it as GREEN Mabel [BDE] W Bromwich 6b 707. I think they couldn't work out what the middle initial is
                Jackie

Comment

thanks very much

Comment

Val I've just looked at the image on Ancestry and I'm pretty sure the middle initial is E
                    Jackie

Comment

thanks again shall have a look

Comment

handsworth

There is a Mabel green born 1911 registered in Kings Norton Mothers name SKAN. I sometimes have found that some parents register there children
                        in the ares where they themselves were born .

Comment

handsworth

There is a Mabel green born 1911 registered in Kings Norton Mothers name SKAN. I sometimes have found that some parents register there children
                          in the ares where they themselves were born .

Comment

thanks Harry in duplicate lol
                            the mother was born in Battersea and they moved there just before Mabel was born and the surname is wrong but thanks very much for looking

Comment

Kings Norton is on the other side of the city so I wouldn't think that is correct.

Handsworth borders West Bromwich so that's more likely.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

thanks JBee I think I'll send for that one

Comment

Working...
                                X