Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish records

Hi all,

I have been trying to help a friend with he family history. The problem is her father was born in Poland (Godzimierz near Szubin, near Bydgoszcz). How does she go about finding information about her grandparents. Pat's father is still alive and living in this country but he left Poland during the war and has never been able to go back, and unfortunately, because of ill health this is now not likely to happen.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Have you looked in the Wiki? There is a lot of info there which may help you.

Poland - Family Tree Forum
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi wendy

No I hadn't. I didn't realise that there was so much info.

Thanks, Sandra

Comment

i must warn you researching polish ancestors is quite difficult. whether they were polish or just living in what is now poland, they make it rough! i hope you have success!

Comment

Hi Kyle,

I will pass you warnings on to my friend. However, I am not sure that she will really appreciate the warning as she has only just started her family history and she is finding her maternal side a challenge!! I keep going down to her house and every couple of weeks we have a family history session. She is getting the hang it but its going to take few more sessions yet. Her main reason for looking at her fathers side so soon is to try and find the information whilst her father is still alive. Further, she would like to visit Poland and see where her father was brought up and take photos etc. Therefore, this is why she wants to try and do some preliminary research before she goes to Poland.

Sandra

Comment

Working...
          X