Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welsh Wills on Line at National Library of Wales

190,000 Welsh Wills Online – Free to View

The National Library of Wales has over 190,000 Welsh wills (some 800,000 pages) that are now available on the Library’s website and are free to view.

Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru - National Library of Wales : Genealogical Sources at NLW

I wasn't sure where to post this info, so presume if posted on the wrong forum some kind person will move to appropriate one

good luck!
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

thanks, have welsh rellies, hope there will be somthing in there for me

Comment

Thanks for this found one of mine straight away!
      Linda x

Comment

What a wonderful resource!

However, I wish I could find the one I want!

In OH's family there was a Chancery case.

Briefly, there were 4 sisters - surname Evans.:Big Grin:

The eldest Evans sister married, died fairly promptly. She was an heiress. Her husband remarried and then died and his second wife wanted to keep all the land etc from the first wife. The three remaining sisters and their husbands contested the will of the widowed husband and won (at least to some extent - not sure about the details).

I have about 50 pages from the Chancery case - no mention at all of the Evans sisters' father's name! I'd love to find his will but I don't even know his Christian name or where he lived. Just a few Welsh names of the land he owned!

He must have died in the mid 1700s.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

nudge, just in case there are any more people looking for welsh wills ....
          Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Found one of my husband's Welsh lot - surname Roderick, which is fairly rare. No way of knowing if the zillions of Jenkins, Evans, Thomas and Williams are his!
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
            X