LMA marriages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMA marriages

Morning I have quite a few narriages on the LMA but what I can't do is print off the one I want because I don't know how to make the one I want big enough. Please could anyone advise me how to do it
    thankyou
    Margaret

Hi Margaret

Have you saved the image to your computer?
    Jackie

Comment

Jackie yes I have saved the image to my computer but being as you get four they are small I wanted to know how you make the one you want bigger so you can print it thankyou

Margaret

Comment

What I do with these is crop them down to just the one I want then when printing I select 'Fit to page' and select landscape so it comes out the width of the paper I am printing it on.

Linda
        LindaG

Comment

What programme are you using to view the saved image? (I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager)
          Jackie

Comment

Linda and Jackie I am a bit of a dumbo with computers I don't how to crop so do I need a programe to do it on . Ireally need simple instructions
            Margaret

Comment

When you open the saved image, at the top it should say what the name of the programme is - that would help so we can work out your next step.
              Jackie

Comment

It says windows photo gallery

Margaret

Comment

OK its not something I use but there is quite a good step by step guide here

Crop a Picture in Windows Photo Gallery — MAXIMUMpcguides – Windows Vista tips, tricks, help, and how-to guides

If you crop the certificates so that all that is left is the one you want, when you print it should take up more of the paper and come out bigger.

Let us know how you get on, or if you want any more help :smilee:
                  Jackie

Comment

I got the image bigger but it would not let me crop it I give up thank you

Margaret

Comment

Margaret don't give up - it really is worth it. Did you get to the stage where you have a box inside the picture with dots in the corner?
                      Jackie

Comment

Hi Jackie no I did notwhere it said crop it just would not do anything the word did not even highlight

Margaret

Comment

OK perhaps you could try opening the image in a different programme (unless someone else knows more about that one). If you right click on the image do you get an option "Open with" and then a drop down list of programmes appears?

Are you XP or Vista by the way?
                          Jackie

Comment

Yes Jackie I do and I am with Vista I sort of got little dots come up on the corners but nothing happened some went whiter but I could not get just the one I wanted
                            Margaret

Comment

If you put the point of your mouse cursor in the dot and press and hold the left mouse button, can you drag the dot to the corner of the certificate you want. If you can, do that with each of the 4 dots ie. drag each one to its nearest corner

(We'll go back to that drop down menu if this doesn't work)
                              Jackie

Comment

if your on Vista wonder if you have a snipping tool which I just noticed in my accessories it might be easier to do it that way .
                                I cant tell you how though as I have not used it yet myself but it looks easy.

Comment

Jackie I have done it thank you for all your help
                                  Margaret

Comment

Pleased it worked. There'll be no stopping you now :Big Grin:

I always crop the black borders off census images - it makes them print larger and saves masses of ink
                                    Jackie

Comment

thanx to this thread i have found out how to crop images! ive been giving it a go with the london marriages, and when i manage to crop it, i cant blow it up, as it gets all pixelated. is it because i downloaded the images in basic image viewer? if i downloaded them in advanced and cropped them, would the picture quality be better then in basic?

Comment

I always use the enhanced image viewer.

When I initially look at the images I have the "Standard quality images" ticked in the Options box because they load quicker. If I then decide its one I want to keep, I switch to "High quality images" which are much clearer.

They usually save very well but sometimes I change the midtone in my picture editing programme so that they print better.
                                        Jackie

Comment

Working...
                                        X