Thomas Family, Poplar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Family, Poplar

Hi, my 4x grandparents married in Poplar in 1842 and were living in Sophia Street at the time. Their names were William THOMAS, full age, a ship's Caulker and Jane CLUBB, full age. I have checked the 1841 census and found Jane but she has a listed age of 16 - I am in no doubt that I have the correct Jane, but cannot find William or his father (also William and listed as a Ropemaker) anywhere.

If anyone has any isdea of where I go from here or connection with either the Thomas or Clubb family I would love to hear from you.

Have you looked at baptisms for William?

There is one for 11th December 1820 St Dunstan & All Saints, Tower Hamlets, son of William and Mary Thomas. Father is a ropemaker. Living Poplar.
    Last edited by WendyPusey; 19-10-09, 18:38. Reason: spelling
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Wendy, I will do some more research on the info you have given. I have not found any info on that parish to date, where did you go to find it?

Comment

I found it on Ancestry, on the LMA BMD's.

If your sub doesn't cover these, let me know and I'll get the image for you.
        Wendy

Comment

I've had a look on the 1841 census, but can't find any Williams with the same Occupations though.
          Wendy

Comment

Another place to look is Parishregister.com. They have a lot of baptism records for the East End.
            Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

Thanks everyone, I have now located and printed out what I believe is the correct birth info from Parishregister. Thanks to you Wendy I was able to do a little more research from your info and establish that it was the right William & family, so thanks for all your help and kind offer. I am now going to see if I can visit the Tower Hamlets History some time soon and see if I can get any further info.

Comment

Working...
              X