GEDCOM Viewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEDCOM Viewers

I want to send our family tree to my brother & sister as a GEDCOM, but they don't have any genealogy s/w. Can anyone recommend a simple, free viewer they could download?

Thanks.
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

I haven't used it myself, but this site has one.

Freebies for genealogists
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, Wendy, but I get a 404 Forbidden message when I click on the Gedcom Viewer link. :conf:
      Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Cyndi's List has a GEDCOM page that has links to different viewers. Or they could download Legacy Standard Edition (which is free) - that can import GEDCOMs and produce a variety of different reports.

HTH -

Tim
        "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

Another option is the free read only version of Family Historian version 3.

Downloads
          Jane
          Family Historian User Group : My Family History : My Photography
          "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Comment

Thank you, both. I've had a look at Family Historian and, while not ideal, it's a possibility. Legacy asks you for an email address and I want to avoid any downloads like that.

The most simple one I've found is Gedlink Editor and it's probably the one I'll suggest to them as it's very simple to use!

Thanks for all the suggestions.
            Last edited by lorry53; 18-10-09, 09:21.

Comment

Genviewer from Genealogy Utilities - GENViewer Genealogy File Viewer - GENMatcher, Find Duplicates and Matches in Genealogy Files
              Make self-viewing GEDCOM files for distribution to others.
              Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
              http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

Originally posted by lorry53 View Post
                Legacy asks you for an email address and I want to avoid any downloads like that.
                As a general rule, I agree with you. However, having dealt with Legacy for many years, I haven't run into any problems with them, either directly or indirectly (just in case you feel like giving them a go).

Tim
                "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

Thanks, Mike & Tim.

Comment

This one is simple and free. May be worth a try.

GedView

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X