Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frederick william wood

New to this!

Do you have a researcher who dabbles in military records at Kew?

My husbands grandfather was = Federick William Wood - born London 1854. We have photo of him wearing - IGC (1854-95) Afghan Kabul(clasps) to Kandahar Star Egypt (clasps) Khedives Star. He was an NCO. Unable to work out his regiment 0r unit. Someone suggested I should look in WO97series, attestation or discharge papers for regular army. Discharge date should be in papers 1882-1900. He was definitely living in Belgium and married to a Belgian citizen 1901-1915 as he is recorded on the Antwerp Aliens list.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Irene Cooke (silver surfer - completely baffled by PC`s)

Originally posted by irene cooke View Post
    New to this!

Do you have a researcher who dabbles in military records at Kew?

My husbands grandfather was = Federick William Wood - born London 1854. We have photo of him wearing - IGC (1854-95) Afghan Kabul(clasps) to Kandahar Star Egypt (clasps) Khedives Star. He was an NCO. Unable to work out his regiment 0r unit. Someone suggested I should look in WO97series, attestation or discharge papers for regular army. Discharge date should be in papers 1882-1900. He was definitely living in Belgium and married to a Belgian citizen 1901-1915 as he is recorded on the Antwerp Aliens list.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Irene Cooke (silver surfer - completely baffled by PC`s)
    Hi Irene,

Research Offers

If you would like to offer your services to members at a particular location then you should start a thread on the Research Offers forum board.

If you keep checking the Research Offers forum board then you may find that someone is offering their services at Kew. You could then contact them with your request.

Research Requests

If you have a request, you would like another member to visit a location on your behalf and do something, then you should start a thread on the Research Requests forum board.

Research Qs & As

With your current request (in this thread) it maybe possible that someone can look at the records online so I have moved your thread to the Research Qs & As forum board.

I hope the above helps to make things a little clearer. If you don't recieve help with this thread on the Research Qs & As forum board then you can ask for the thread to be moved to the Research Requests forum board and maybe someone will visit Kew for you if they are heading in that direction.

If you have any questions or want any further help then please feel free to ask.

Comment

Working...
    X