thomas binns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thomas binns

trying to find out who thomas binns parents were he was born 1904/5 in bradford he is on the 1911 census living with his grandparents thomas and elizabeth
    looking for binns,cave,forey,cheale,simpson,

Could this be his birth ref?

Births Jun 1904
    BINNS Thomas Bradford 9b 61
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

yes but i dont how to find out who his parents were

Comment

Well, if that's the right one you need his birth certificate. But first, have you got his marriage certificate to see what his fathers name was? That way, if you order a birth cert you can stipulate that you only want it if the fathers name is ......... whatever.

Comment

ok thanx for your help

Comment

You're welcome :smilee: If you need any help looking for the marriage or anything just shout up :smilee:

Comment

Just something to consider - it may not be that simple.

Since the parents are not known about it is possible that no father is listed on his birth cert. Any father shown on his marriage cert may be a wishful thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                Could this be his birth ref?

Births Jun 1904
                BINNS Thomas Bradford 9b 61
                I think Chrissie is right this is the best lead the only Thomas Binns born in that period in Bradford. Thomas could be his son's son, brother's son or in fact an illegitimate son of one of his daughters.

Comment

Or of course he could just be staying with his grandparents for a holiday, or his parents could have both died. There are several possibilities for deaths in Bradford between 1904 and 1911. His marriage cert might at least give you a lead though.

Comment

If this was mine I would get the BC, no checks as I know nothing definite and it appears to be the only possible. If the parents are both named - bingo?
                    No. As I don't know anything about them they may be the wrong family. I would then try to identify the father with the grandparents in an earlier census (presuming the Gps are also Binns) . Then does the father match on the MC.

If only the mother is named then check the census as above for family match. You can believe what you will on the MC.
                    Last edited by Cliff inNZ; 16-10-09, 23:47.

Comment

Originally posted by debsimlfc View Post
                      trying to find out who thomas binns parents were he was born 1904/5 in bradford he is on the 1911 census living with his grandparents thomas and elizabeth
                      no quick and easy route really.. just bad luck he was born so late!!

I think if it were me, I would look into buying a birth certificate for thomas and or looking at the grandparents in an earlier census to see if I could pinpoint a possible parent/marriage to verify the childs birth.
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I found this family in 1901. Do the ages and places of birth match the Thomas and Elizabeth in 1911?

- Ancestry.co.uk

p.s. There are other Thomas and Elizabeths in Yorkshire but this was the nearest I think. Not knowing the ages of Thomas and Elizabeth in 1911.
                        p.p.s. Sorry, ignore that one, they are to old to fit with any that look likely in 1911.

This one looks more promising - you could check the ages and occupation of Thomas.

Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 17-10-09, 11:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff inNZ View Post
                          If this was mine I would get the BC, no checks as I know nothing definite and it appears to be the only possible. If the parents are both named - bingo?
                          No. As I don't know anything about them they may be the wrong family. I would then try to identify the father with the grandparents in an earlier census (presuming the Gps are also Binns) . Then does the father match on the MC.

If only the mother is named then check the census as above for family match. You can believe what you will on the MC.
                          That was my thinking and Chrissie's thinking too it seems. I would go for the BC.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                            I found this family in 1901. Do the ages and places of birth match the Thomas and Elizabeth in 1911?

- Ancestry.co.uk

p.s. There are other Thomas and Elizabeths in Yorkshire but this was the nearest I think. Not knowing the ages of Thomas and Elizabeth in 1911.
                            p.p.s. Sorry, ignore that one, they are to old to fit with any that look likely in 1911.

This one looks more promising - you could check the ages and occupation of Thomas.

- Ancestry.co.uk
                            Chrissie

Thomas would be about 58 in 1911 and his wife Elizabeth is 59 they have quite a few daughters on the census who seem to disappear on others most likely went and got married or died.

But if I am thinking right he had a son called William and another I can't remember the name it could be Henry that could have been the father but again it could be one of Thomas' daughter's child or another relation with the name Binns. On most census Thomas 58 is a Worsted Spinning Overlooker or Overlocker.

Edit to say: Chrissie I checked those and its the second one that is right I'm sure.
                            Last edited by Guest; 17-10-09, 12:17.

Comment

Originally posted by debsimlfc View Post
                              Perhaps you could let us know on the outcome after the info you've gleaned from FTF.

:smilee:

Comment

Working...
                              X