FMP Fair Use Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP Fair Use Policy

Has anyone received an email yet about the new Policy - 5000 units a month over a rolling 3 month period I believe. I thought they would have sent an email out first - I still haven't received one about being able to access 1911 yet!!!
    There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

No haven't heard but have had 1911 for nearly a fortnight now
    Linda x

Comment

Originally posted by MarionH View Post
      Has anyone received an email yet about the new Policy - 5000 units a month over a rolling 3 month period I believe. I thought they would have sent an email out first - I still haven't received one about being able to access 1911 yet!!!
      What do you mean by the term 5000 units?

Comment

FMP runs on credits for the different images and transcriptions. Some are less than 10 units each - maybe only two or three - but 1911 is 30 per image.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thats why I am confused by the term units.

I would have thought the term to be credits. And I would have thought 5,000 credits per 3 months to be mighty expensive so nobody in their right mind would go that way so no need for a notification of the 'New Policy'!

Comment

They're saying that, if you have an Explorer sub with 1911, say, the fair use policy is 5,000 credits over three months.

If you have a sub, you're not paying for units separately, and so if you have a splurge on 1911 - it would be less difficult to reach that level - especially (as they are clearly aware) if you do look-ups for others (against the rules). Hence the policy.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Ahhh now I understand

So its a cap on how much you can access in a certain period on subscriptions, interesting - to stop LOOKUPS especially people doing it as a mini business.

Edit to say: I didn't understand that the original poster was talking about terms of subscription...

I haven't received an email like that but I did for the 20% off for 1911 which I took up well worth it.
              Last edited by Guest; 15-10-09, 19:56.

Comment

For those who are confused

6. Fair Usage Policy for Subscribers
                6.1 To ensure a high quality service for all customers, we enforce a “Fair Usage Policy” for Users with a Subscription whereby we place a cap on use of the Services. We have set the current use limit at an average of no more than 5000 Credits per month over a rolling three month period.

6.2 We may revise our Fair Usage Policy from time to time and will advise you of any changes made.

6.3 If you exceed the Fair Usage Policy limits, We reserve the right to invoice you retrospectively for all Credits used at the rate of 12 pence per Credit and to suspend or terminate your use of the Services
                There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

So it seems this is 5000 credits per month over 3 months? That's quite different to 5000 for 3 months. You could in fact use 15,000 in one month and then have a rest for a couple of months - you'd need it I think :Big Grin:

Anne

Comment

:Big Grin:

Abosolutely.

Comment

Working...
                    X