Missing census entry - can anyone help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing census entry - can anyone help

I am looking for John & Jane Preece married in 1841 in the 1851 census.

Here they are in 1861

- Ancestry.co.uk

Can anyone see them?

Also I am looking for Peter & Catherine Cocking in the 51 & 41 census

Here they are in 1861

- Ancestry.co.uk

They have probably been transcribed wrong - but all my searches are failing.

thanks for looking.
    Last edited by oliveriles; 14-10-09, 15:25.

No luck here yet :(
    Hail Spode!

Comment

I’m not a member of Ancestry but I am a member of a couple of other sites. This means I can’t get to your links to see what county or town you’re after, and there are 59 possibilities so far in one site. Can you let me have more details and I will look on my sites for you.

James
      Am I related to Scott of the Antarctic? The hunt is on.
      http://www.symidream.com/scott/home.html
      My pages for families from Collin and Whittaker of Harlow to Cozens of Dorset to Soper of Cornwall and beyond…

Comment

Could this be John in 1841 HO107; Piece 971; Book: 4; Civil Parish: Bridgwater; County: Somerset; Enumeration District: 7; Folio: 11; Page: 14; Line: 8; GSU roll: 474611.
        Are you sure they married in 1841 only John was but 14 in the census and their first child wasn't born until 1851.
        Margaret

Comment

Possibly Peter and Catherine in 1841 if the Peter on there isn't 1 month old but really 40. It's possible.

- Ancestry.co.uk
          Hail Spode!

Comment

Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 1718; Folio: 14; Page: 22; GSU roll: 542856
            Gloucestershire > Bristol St Paul > District 9 > Page 22

Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 1719; Folio: 143; Page: 5; GSU roll: 542856.
            Gloucestershire > Bristol St Paul > District 28 > Page 5

Sorry married 1849 thanks.

Comment

Hi

I think I have found Peter & Catherine Cocking in 1841 in Wales census: Swansea, as they are in Bristol in 1861, this does make sense. It may be worth checking Wales census for 1851 too.

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 1426; Book: 7; Civil Parish: Swansea; County: Glamorgan; Enumeration District: 13; Folio: 5; Page: 2; Line: 2; GSU roll: 464333.

I expect you already have this but I noted that Peter's birthplace in 1861 is listed as Hillston, I expected this to be Helston.
              I have found on the igi a christening 24th April 1803
              Peter Higgo Cocking
              parents John and Ann.

Batch no: co 53371
              Dates 1599-1837
              Source Call no: 0916939
              Type: film

I have World Ancestry and there is a record within family trees that came up in my search, re a legacy for Peter Cocking married to Catherine Curran. If you do not have this or do not have access to this information pm me
              Last edited by bubblebelle; 14-10-09, 22:15. Reason: typo
              Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Working...
              X