cooper family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photographs: cooper family

HI has anyone got any pictures of the cooper family in suffolk.

Fort Mumford

20 May 1943 in the Indian Ocean at estimated position 10° N/71° E whilst on her maiden voyage from Vancouver BC and Lyttelton, New Zealand to Suez, Alexandria via Colombo and Aden with 6649 tons of military stores, was sunk by torpedo from Japanese submarine I-27 commanded by Fukumura. The Master, Captain John Henry Reardon Smith, 45 crew and 4 gunners were lost. Sole survivor, Gunner H Bailey was rescued by an Arab dhow and landed at Mikindani, Tanganyika also if anyone could help me find any pictures to due with this i would be very grateful

regards shell

Comment

Originally posted by shell31 View Post
      HI has anyone got any pictures of the cooper family in suffolk.
      Have you had a look in the GEDCOM database to see if anyone has any Coopers in your area of interest? If so, they may have pictures.

Originally posted by shell31 View Post
      Fort Mumford

20 May 1943 in the Indian Ocean at estimated position 10° N/71° E whilst on her maiden voyage from Vancouver BC and Lyttelton, New Zealand to Suez, Alexandria via Colombo and Aden with 6649 tons of military stores, was sunk by torpedo from Japanese submarine I-27 commanded by Fukumura. The Master, Captain John Henry Reardon Smith, 45 crew and 4 gunners were lost. Sole survivor, Gunner H Bailey was rescued by an Arab dhow and landed at Mikindani, Tanganyika also if anyone could help me find any pictures to due with this i would be very grateful

regards shell
      Your second post appears to relate to a subject different to that as mentioned on the title for this thread. To get a potentially better response with regard to this second post it may be better if you moved it to a new thread with a more appropriate title.

Comment

shell has a large thread on the cooper family in general. i believe there isnt anyone (at this point) on ftf that is related to the family shell is researching.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
          shell has a large thread on the cooper family in general. i believe there isnt anyone (at this point) on ftf that is related to the family shell is researching.
          Hi Kyle, I did notice that there are a few members with Suffolk Coopers in the GEDCOM database. Just wondered if they have all been checked out or sent PMs. I've not read the thread in general.

Comment

its very long. and so far, i dont remember anyone having the same family. that may change if people google and find the thread though.

Comment

OK, thanks Kyle, I've found it in "Research". I guess sometimes things don't happen quite as quickly as you would like them to. That's life!

Comment

lol thats is the way.. its a long waiting game

regards shell

Comment

I have no photos but do have a Suffolk-related Cooper cousin - would you like me to pass on your email address to him in case you are connected?
                  Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Joy Dean View Post
                    I have no photos but do have a Suffolk-related Cooper cousin - would you like me to pass on your email address to him in case you are connected?
                    yes please.. my e mail is Removed for members safety

thanks shell

could you please PM (private message) Shell if you require an Email address
                    Last edited by Darksecretz; 16-10-09, 11:57. Reason: for members safety

Comment

It may be an idea to PM Joy with your e-mail address Shell as she may miss your reply. Also, if it were me, I would remove it from your post as you don't really want everyone to see it do you.
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Please let us know if you are successful in getting what you want Shell so I can close this thread. Many thanks.

Comment

still waiting for a reply sorry

Comment

Working...
                          X