help with the 1911 census please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with the 1911 census please

I have Ella Neale born 1902, Stroud, Glos. I know her family never moved from the area but I can't locate her on the 1911 census. I believe her parents were Tom and Joanna Neale.
    Teresa...

Do you know when or where the parents were born?
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine, I was hoping you'd pop up.........you seem to be very good at finding these awkward rellies.

I am doing this for my mother's best friend. She says Ella's family have been in the Stroud district since 1778. Tom and Joanna may have been living in nearby Painswick. I have checked Ella's birth on Ancestry and the details are correct.
      Teresa...

Comment

Nothing is jumping out at the moment.
        It would be useful to know the ages and places of birth of the parents and whether they are likely to be together on the 1901 census.
        Elaine

Comment

So sorry Elaine. My "aunt" is 85 and had got her facts wrong. Tom Neale married Annie OBrien 1896 in Stroud.
          Teresa...

Comment

Ah, think I found that one and discounted it because of the name.
            Back in a mo!
            Elaine

Comment

I think you will find they have been transcribed as Tom Neale, born 1869, Annie Neal born 1868 and it looks as if there are a few children including Ella, who has been mistranscribed as Ma Winifred Neale born 1902 - all living in Stroud.
              Elaine

Comment

That's the family Elaine! "Auntie" Imelda sends her thanks also. Ella was her mother so she is thrilled with the result...
                Teresa...

Comment

Looks as if the child which is crossed out is probably the one that died.
                  Very useful bit of additional info! :smilee:
                  Elaine

Comment

Elaine, I still can't find the record on Find my Past. What am I doing wrong?

I have found it! thank you so much from the two of us!!!
                    Last edited by Teresa from the Bay; 13-10-09, 16:03.
                    Teresa...

Comment

Working...
                    X