Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Research Requests) Poll: Please could everyone partictpate in this poll.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Research Requests) Poll: Please could everyone partictpate in this poll.

This is a multi choice poll but please only reply once for each question.

Do you know what the 'Research Requests' forum board is?

and

Do you know where the 'Research Requests' forum board is?

If there is anyone who doesn't know what or where the "Research Requests" forum board is then I would like to try and promote it more, as it may be very useful for your research, but I really need everyone's help please.
    Yes, I know what the 'Research Requests' forum board is.
    48.66%
    No, I don't know what the 'Research Requests' forum board is.
    4.81%
    Yes, I know where the 'Research Requests' forum board is.
    42.25%
    No, I don't know where the 'Research Requests' forum board is.
    4.28%

Board is somewhere in that great big wiki lol but hmmm now where lol
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Originally posted by borobabs View Post
      Hi Babs, It's not on the wiki. It is a forum board just like "Research Qs & As".

If you click on the link just below and have a look down the list you will see all the standard forum boards:

Family Tree Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Under section: "Research Advice" on the above link you will see the following forum boards listed:

Research Qs & As

Research Requests (* Here is "Research Requests")

Research Offers

Family Tree Photos

Adoption/Reunion

Just click on the forum board name for whichever forum board you want to go into.

Comment

Originally posted by borobabs View Post

No Babs, the board is in the Research Advice section in Forums Home.

I supose the way I enter FTF makes it clear to me, I always come in using 'Forum Home' & choose which board to look at first from this.:Wink:
        Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

If anyone has any further questions or wants any help then please don't hesitate to ask, we're all here to help.

The more that everyone knows then the more that everyone will benefit.

Comment

nudge for the evening shift
            Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Question: What is the "Research Requests" forum board?

Question:
              What is the Research Requests forum board?

Answer:
              The Research Requests forum board is a place where you can request help, with your genealogical research, from other members.

For example if you would like someone to visit a place that's difficult for you to get to and action a specific request at that place for you then you can register your request for help by starting a thread, for all members to see, on the Research Requests forum board. Other members will then be able to view what you want help with and the location where you want help. They can then leave a message on your thread or contact you via PM offering you their assistance.

The current areas where members can request help are:

Record Office:
              e.g. To ask another member to visit a record office and do lookups for you.

Photographs:
              e.g. To ask another member to take a photo of something for you. Maybe a photo of your ancestor's house, memorial, etc.

Probate:
              e.g. To ask another member to visit a probate office and do lookups for you.

Cemetery:
              e.g. To ask another member to visit a cemetery/graveyard for you and maybe check something or even take a grave photo for you.

When you ask for help, please remember that the member who helps you is doing it on a voluntary basis and of their own good will.

The finer details of what you would like help with should be discussed with whoever replies to your request for help.

Comment

I hope that I'm explaining everything clearly but if not or if you have any questions then please do let me know. I really want everyone to make use of all the facilities that FTF has to offer.

If you'd pefer to send me a PM then please feel free to do so.

Comment

Nudge.

Comment

Click on the link to see a list of the current requests that members are hoping someone will help them with:

(Research Requests): Have a look here, you may be able to help another member.

Or go straight to the Research Requests forum board.

Comment

If anyone has any questions with regard to "Research Requests" then please don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to participate in this poll everyone.

I hope this thread has made it a little clearer, for those not in the know, as to what and where the Research Requests forum board is.

If anyone still has any questions or problems using Research Requests then please ask (via PM if you like).

Comment

Before this thread gets unstickied and falls down the listing I would just like to add something!

It's quite clear from the voting that members know where to find the Research Requests forum but are they aware that this is just a small part of our Research Request/Offer project (no need to start another poll to find out John! :Wink.

Posting your request for help in the Research Requests forum is not the only option available to you. We also have a listing in the wiki where members have added their names if they are willing to do lookup or take photographs. If you find an offer in the location you are looking for then you click on the member's name and contact them by personal message(PM).

These pages in the wiki can be found by clicking on the following links:

Research Offers: Record Office/Archive
                          Research Offers: Cemetery
                          Research Offers: Photograph
                          Research Offers: Probate

On a quick look through some of the requests that are currently in the Research Request forum I can see threads for Winchester Record Office, Portsmouth Records Office, Liverpool Records Office, Cheshire Records Office and London Metropolitan Archives. ALL of these locations are listed on the Research Offer pages in the wiki so why not contact the member direct rather than leaving a post in the Research Request forum.

So my advice is, if you want a lookup or a photo your first port of call should be the Research Offer pages in the wiki, if you don't find a volunteer there then leave a message in the forum.

... and of course, don't forget to give something back (I know a lot of you do already!) ... would you like to offer to visit your local Record Office or take photos where you live - if so leave a message on the following thread and Jess or I will add your name to the wiki.

Elaine

Comment

I'm going to unsticky this thread tomorrow but if you have any questions please feel free to ask at anytime.

Comment

This thread has now been unstickied but if you have any questions then feel free to ask anytime.

Comment

Working...
                              X