Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2 Question

Hello,
    Could someone please tell me how to obtain British WW2 army records for my grandfather? Or rather how he would go about obtaining them.

I know this has been posted before but I can't find it anywhere now.

I'm on a borrowed computer so I will pop back in when I can.

Thanks in advance.
    Kit

You will find the info on this link
    Service records - Army

If your grandfather is still alive he can apply for his own records and there is no charge.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine. He is still alive and I am going to try to convinve him to apply.
      Kit

Comment

You need to complete the 2 forms from Elaine link, as your grandfather is still alive there is no charge for his papers, the more you can fill in on the forms the better.
        On the SAR form on the "information Reuested box" just fill in " all sevice records available".
        Be prepared for a long wait, normally 6 months, but you should be quicker if you grandfather applies himself.

Steve.
        Steve.
        Researching;Fitzjohn:Crouch:Parker:Howlett ;)

Comment

Originally posted by fitzjohn1001 View Post
          You need to complete the 2 forms from Elaine link, as your grandfather is still alive there is no charge for his papers, the more you can fill in on the forms the better.
          On the SAR form on the "information Reuested box" just fill in " all sevice records available".
          Be prepared for a long wait, normally 6 months, but you should be quicker if you grandfather applies himself.

Steve.
          Mine came through earlier this year after only 1 month so I think it's variable and they say 6 months to be on the safe side.
          Margaret

Comment

Working...
          X