Aussie Electoral updates on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Electoral updates on Ancestry

Just got an email from a relative who has just discovered that Ancestry now covers the Australian Electorial Rolls up to 1954! Have just been updating the family addresses and finding out where everyone went since 1936. It's great.
    Found my gr grandmother living with my grandparents- at a time when mum was a teenager there as well. She never mentioned this at all...said she forgot.. but is now starting to remember more about her! She also could never remember all the addresses and now we have them!
    Hope this is good news for others too. :smilee:

Annette
    oakes63 passed away in September 2021

dont know how I missed that as I am trying to trace a family who I think went there shall go and have a nosey now thanks

Comment

Ooh, fantastic, off to have a look.

Comment

Me too Mary
        Diane
        Sydney Australia
        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Ooh, how frustrating. Most people were where and with whom I would have expected them to be, but the years when my parents would have been there are missing, and the real mystery man I was hoping to find has vanished into thin air, as has his mother :(

Comment

Looks like time to take a trip to the library to update my niece's tree!

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

is anyone doing look ups, I only have .co.uk any ARTISS entries?
              Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
              http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

If so I will go into town and have an hour on .com
                Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

No, sorry, nobody with that spelling.

Comment

There are quite a few people who have Artis as a middle name, though.

Comment

I missed that! Thankyou for letting us know Annette. It may well be very useful, off to have a look shortly.

Comment

Goodie

Comment

Spent all day on this.

Really great........my paternal grandparents are there at two different addresses for most rolls. 1949, my father is there without his first wife. 1954, he's with his parents, instead of MY mother.

Maternal grandparents are using Grandad's name even though they aren't married.
                          My mother is still there with them under her maiden name, even though I was born a few months later.

No wonder I couldn't find their marriage.........lol

OH's parents are only together on one, 1954............where is his mother on the earlier ones???
                          His grandparents are living apart........

Anyone want to swap families......I'd love a boring one.

Comment

ooh, Libby, such family secrets uncovered.
                            Like you, I have been looking up family all day, none of that "h" word got done today !

Mine are pretty straight forward, but I have found some post 1908 children with their parents and some partners, and cleared up a few mysteries.

Di
                            Diane
                            Sydney Australia
                            Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

I've had some success today because of this thread. Thank you very much. :Big Grin:

Comment

It's great isn't it. I have been looking for my grandmothers sister for ages- no one in the family had clues apart from her husband running a newsgent. Found them in 1954!!! They lived in the town the family settled in in 1890! So much to add to the tree! Shame I have to go to work.
                                oakes63 passed away in September 2021

Comment

Something for you to look forward to when you get back.

I've already updated my tree. :Big Grin:

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                                    There are quite a few people who have Artis as a middle name, though.
                                    Thanks for that, save me a journey to the library
                                    Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

Does anyone know if these new electoral rolls cover South Australia?

Comment

No, sorry, there's nothing at all for SA.

Comment

Working...
                                        X