1871 search please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1871 search please

Can anyone find Martha Ann Johnson on the 1871 census please. She was born in Belper, Derbyshire in 1851, but was living in Nottingham in 1861 with her family. She married in 1876 and I have her from then on with her family. I can find the rest of the Johnsons in 1871 but not her, so assume she must be working somewhere.

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

I thought I'd found her here: RG10; Piece: 3584; Folio: 53; Page: 6
    age 22 (i.e. born c 1849)

But the place of birth, transcribed by Ancestry as Belper (which is where they are), Yorkshire (!) is very faint. I think it's probably supposed to be Ripon.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Wow, that is a difficult one to read isn't it! But I don't think it's my Martha.

Thanks anyway Christine
      Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Working...
      X