Who were his parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who were his parents

William Rushworth was born around 1862/3 in Leeds. According to his marriage cert his father was Jonathan Rushworth. There are two William Rushworth's born in Leeds around 1862. I sent for the one I thought was mine and I received a letter back saying I had got the fathers name wrong. They would not give me the fathers name. They said the other one was wrong as well.

Is there anyway I can find out who the father was of these two Williams so that I can work out if William was actually adopted or not? I thought someone on here had access to this information on line but I could be wrong.

Jonathan Rushworth married Elizabeth Fawbert and William (the son) gave his children the middle name of Fawbert so I believe Jonathan did bring up William but I have now got to find out if Jonathan is his actual father. William seems to have been the only child which adds weight to the adoption theory.

Thanks for your help

Jane

If you want to use the checking thing, is it worth asking for MMN = FAWBERT?

I had a look on YorkshireBMD but, unfortunately, that area hasn't got MMN added in yet (some local BMD sites do include MMN and age at death long before the GRO index does).

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine I will try that.

All the best
      jane

Comment

Working...
      X