Canadian Passenger lists - Quebec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Passenger lists - Quebec

Hi - does anyone please have access to the above?

Edward Kendrick born 1842 Northamptonshire, his wife Han(n)ah, chidren James, Sarah H and Elizabeth together with Hannah's father Edward Lee born 1806 Northampton are living in England in 1871.

In 1881 I've found them via FamilySearch living in Maidstone, Essex, Ontario with 4 more children all born Ontario ....

Based on the children's ages, I've deduced that they probably left England for Canada between 1871 and 1873.

I've just had a look on Ancestry for Hannah Kendrick, but unable to access the passenger list ... so I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know what info it contains.

Thanks everso for your help
    Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 08-10-09, 19:47.
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Hannah, James, Sarah and Elizabeth travelled on the "Austrian", port of departure Liverpool, port of arrival Quebec, date of arrival 22 May 1872.

Edward doesn´t seem to be listed with them, may be he went earlier.
    I´ll have another look!
    Elaine

Comment

thanks very much Elaine ... just did a quick search on Ancestry ... is this him?

Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s
      Name: Edward Lee
      Arrival: Ontario, Canada

or this one?

Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935
      Name: Edwd Lee
      Port of Arrival: Quebec, Quebec

Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 08-10-09, 19:55.

Comment

Yes, Edward Lee travelled on the Austrian as well.

I cannot find Edward Kendrick!
        Elaine

Comment

ohhhhhhhhh .... I misunderstood ... I thought you meant her father ...

Comment

do you think it could be one of these?

Name: Edward Kendrick
            Port of Arrival:Quebec, Quebec

Name: Edward Kendrick
            Birth: England
            Arrival: Montreal, Quebec

Comment

Sorry -my fault because I missed the bit about Edward Lee first time round - but found him easily!

Edward Kendrick remains a mystery!
              Elaine

Comment

There are quite a few Edward Kendrick´s travelling to Canada/America - but none match your Edward´s year of birth, or are travelling in the time frame you are looking for.
                Elaine

Comment

thanks for looking and clarifying Elaine

Comment

Now you know ship and date, if you don't mind trawling images, you can find the passenger list images here:
                    Introduction - Passenger Lists, 1865-1922 - Library and Archives Canada

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine ... will take a look

Thanks Elaine and Val too for your time and help ... have found one of the children so going to take a look at the image

Good night all
                      Lass
                      Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 08-10-09, 21:27.

Comment

Working...
                      X