Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• videos on flckr

Hi all

does anybody know how to download video from flickr - my DIL posts video of my granddaughter (nearly one year old now ) and I would really like to download them so I can keep them but cannot work out how to do it

Any help appreciated

Ann x

Ann In North Yorkshire

There is no way on the Flickr site for anyone other than the uploader to download the videos. However, I can think of two possible solutions.

Firstly, if your DIL can give you her username and password, you can log in to her account and use this guide on the flickr site.

Can I download a video?

[Once logged in.] To download a video click "embed" above the video and you will see a download link near the bottom of the page.

Alternatively, there is a piece of software called Orbit Downloader, it's free but there are some hidden drawbacks with it like it altering your home page. Please read the following wikipedia link

Orbit Downloader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The software can be found here

How to Download Flickr Video Free

I'd personally go for the first option unless you're happy you can reset the changes the Orbit program can do to your computer.
    Hail Spode!

Comment

Hi - have got the embed option as part of family group - but dont know where to embed it to :-)) - tried orbit but as you say did funny things like stopping IE working etc so just uninstalled it again

Ann In North Yorkshire

Comment

The embed option is not downloading it, it just allows you to view the video on another website. You're only option then is to get your DIL to give you her username and password and for you to log in as her and download the videos from within.

She could email you the videos if they're not too long/large.
        Hail Spode!

Comment

Many thanks for that xx

Ann In North Yorkshire

Comment

Working...
          X