Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone read this address?

- Ancestry.com

its the top one, florence conway's baptism.

18 ?owina Crescent?

Comment

There is a Rowena Crescent in Battersea - but the R doesn't match with the other Rs on the page!
      Elaine

Comment

I'd say it was probably Rowena Crescent. I did wonder whether the middle vowel had been entered as i instead of e, but he has other examples of e with a very closed loop, and the dots could just be stray marks.

It looks as if the whole row had been entered up by H Percival Smith, and from looking at other entries, I'd say he was one of those whose handwriting varied from occasion to occasion, so the variations may just be a personal characteristic.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thankyou for the help ladies.

Comment

Working...
          X