Ancestry.... grrrrrr.!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry.... grrrrrr.!!

I don't know if any one else has had this problem.

I decided to be community spirited and submit some corrections to some census returns which I know have been wrongly subscribed. This was done about three weeks ago. There were about 4 in total. I have been notified of two of these changes and They are now worse than before. They have entered the correct surname as the Christian name and left the wrongly transcribed surname in place.

I now wish I had not bothered as there is not much chance of any one finding the information as it is now. In both instances I have send a message stating the error.

Can they not check what they are doing before they confuse everyone further.

Update - fortunately, they have now got the first correction correct. so there is a little hope!!

Sandra

From my experience they will always leave the original transcription in place and add an info marker offering the alternative information. I guess this in case someone wants to cause mischief by adding false data or the new information is not correct.
    John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

Comment

Working...
    X