FMP 1911 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP 1911 census

Supposed to be available from October 2009 and existing customers are getting it early....when, it's 7th now.

Anyone heard anything..I am champing at the bit here..lol

Linda

Ditto! :Big Grin:
    Elaine

Comment

Wasn't there a specific date?
      (11th springs to mind.)

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

The blog states that the census will be available as a subscription on findmypast.com no later than October 21st - but also says it will be made available earlier than that to existing FMP subscribers who wish to upgrade their membership to include the census.

I've not seen any mention of a date as to when it will be available to existing subscribers.
        Elaine

Comment

Maybe we will hear over the next few days

First one to hear had better put a post on here......or else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...lol

Linda

Comment

Well it looks as though it is available now - I haven't upgraded my subscription yet to view the transcripts/originals but the search option is there and it is bringing up search results

Good Hunting Ladies and Gentlemen!!

Cheers
            Sue

Comment

Ooh thanks for that - off to have a play while it lasts! :smilee:
              Elaine

Comment

It's up and working - have just upgraded seeing as it was only cost me an extra £40 for the whole year - now for some decent looking for rellies, not just transcripts

Comment

I have upgraded and am searching away happily!!
                  Caroline
                  Caroline's Family History Pages
                  Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks very much for the email FMP..lol

Off to upgrade

Linda

Comment

Drat, blast and any other expletives that I can use on here. Can't get in now

Gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Linda

Comment

if your still not got in to FMP delete your saved favourite of FMP and go find it via Google the resvae the new updated page that's what I've just had to do.

Good Luck
                        WendyP

Comment

Received my email from FindMyPast this afternoon 14.06 -
                          "Get exclusive early subscription access to the 1911 census
                          Dear Judith,
                          A fortnight from now we will officially launch the first and only 1911 census subscription available anywhere online, making us the only site to offer a complete 1841-1911 census collection. As a reward for your loyalty we’re offering you exclusive early access to the new subscription ......................."
                          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Well I'm in, with a 12 month census sub, and am using it.
                            I did register with fmp some time ago, but only to use the index - I never subscribed or bought credits.

I think the 12 month census sub is very reasonable, when compared with the cost of credits.
                            Like Oates, I may be gone for some time:Big Grin:

Jay
                            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Out this afternoon I have now paid for my access to FMP and 1911 Census but can't get on at present as some one has to cook a meal! Will be on there later!

Janet

Comment

Thanks Wendy...I'm in...and OH is cooking the dinner lol

Linda

Comment

Just been timed out must be too many people on there!

Janet

Comment

Interesting it's over 12 hours since I posted it was available - and I still haven't received an email from them - I'm busy today and over the weekend which was the main reason for not upgrading yet - maybe I'll wait till the dust has settled a bit - hope the 1911 madness doesn't slow the whole site down though

I was lucky enough to have a couple of days at the NA in June when I was over on a visit so I guess I'm not quite as desperate to get onto it as some who haven't had a look at all yet

Hope they sort it out quick for people

Cheers
                                    Sue

Comment

Can someone please tell me the cost for FMP as I have not used it for years.
                                      Thanks.
                                      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

You can find the information on their website - Family history records subscriptions at Findmypast.com

They seem to be offering a 20% discount at the moment - to celebrate the launch of the 1911 census as part of their subscription package.
                                        You can also buy pay as you go credits, but to be honest I have found that works out quite expensive as it is not always possible to refine your search to find the exact record you are looking for, particularly with parish register data.

The full subscription includes the normal FMP Explorer subscription plus the 1911 census sub. If you prefer you can subscribe to these on an individual basis.
                                        Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                        X