help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

a cousin has sent me a link to ancestry, of a record. but i cant save it!
    the record always say it is jpeg, but when i find the file on the computer it has saved to a notebook file! it wont change, even saving it in another file. it always downloads the same way. help?

if you send me the link via PM I will see what I can do for you.
    WendyP

Comment

hi wendy pm finally sent. it has to be something on ancestry. i just saved a picture off the net, and it saved fine, the way its supposed too!

do you think it could be a problem with the type of ancestry im in?

Comment

scrap that thing about it working in a different ancestry. all im doing is right clicking the image, clicking 'save as', then i save it to a folder. when i go to that folder, instead of a jpeg image, it has a notepad symbol. getting frustrated! :madd:

Comment

HI

Ive just the image by clicking on the Save button on Ancestry and my computer saved it as a jpeg and I was able to retrieve it as a jpeg. So not sure what problem is on that score.

It could simply be that you dont have full access to Ancestry and somehow the system knows.

As an alternative you could always use the Print Screen system Required Button on your keyboard and then paste it into a Paint program or similar and save it from there.

But if you're still having problems then send me your e-addy by PM then I can forward them onto you.

Or I could post them here for all to see.
          Last edited by WendyP; 07-10-09, 08:17.
          WendyP

Comment

after all this, i did buy some credits, specifically to save these images. im getting the same results. ive bought credits for ancestry before, but that was last year. it worked then! maybe i should ask them if there is a connection problem?

Comment

Working...
            X