Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2009 edit help

hi

I have a few things which have been put into the wrong place (baptims under birth). How can i change what it has been put under, or do i have to re-enter and then delete the wrong one?

many thanks
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

I'm not sure about FTM 2009, but in FTM 2006 you can edit facts.
    For example, in Family View, click on the Edit button, then on Facts, then click on a fact (such as Born), then click on Edit Fact, and then under Type you can change Born to Baptism.
    Again this is for 2006. I haven't used 2009 so don't know if it works in the same way.
    Sarah

Comment

There is no way of doing what Cloggie has suggested in 2009 (as far as I can see)- although I agree it would work in 2006! :smilee:

If you are talking about a mix up between birth and baptism data then you are going to have to remove the info from the birth fields and enter it into the baptism field. What you can do, to make it easier, is to customise the right hand column so that the baptism boxes can be seen- you can then cut and paste the info from one box to the other.

I´ve done a screenshot so you can see what I mean. Click on Customize view at the bottom of right hand column and add 'Baptism' - plus of course anything else you want to see in the right hand column.

Elaine

Comment

I think the way to do this is:

1) under the edit tab (top left) click on manage facts
        2) click birth on the list and click on data options, it will ask you to do a back up
        3) after doing the backup you should get a list of all the birth facts you have in your file
        4) if you uncheck all the births then choose the ones you want to change to baptism by putting a tick in the box next to the name
        5) tick the box in the bottom part that says change the selected facts to this fact type and in the drop down menue choose baptism

Hope this helps.

Sorry, I meant to say that it's a bit long winded for just one or two entries, but is good if you want to move a lot of information. There are other options too, great for making info private.
        Last edited by Crafty Sue; 06-10-09, 20:19.
        Sue

Comment

thanks so much everyone for your help!
          Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

I didn't realise 2009 was so different from 2006. That's good to know! :emb: :Big Grin:
            Sarah

Comment

Working...
            X