Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Kingston upon Hull Yorkshire

Hi all,
    I am trying to find any info onm Robert Mackintosh born c1811 in Kingston upon Hull. He married Eliza Farrow in 1832 in Hull. I have tried the IGI with no luck and was hoping someone could have a look for me next time they are at the record office.
    Thanks in advance
    Alex

Hi Alex,
    It seems the Hull local studies dept is closed until Jan 2010 - possibly moving to a new building??
    I think Hull PR will be at the Treasure House in Beverley. Perhaps you could ask for a look up there.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

You can access the Hull PR at the Borthwick Institute at York, I did it last week for a friend. Certainly the records for Holy Trinity are availble from the 1600's through to approx 1870 and I did see there were other parishes, but cannot remember the names.

Comment

Kingston upon Hull

Thanks Janet and Champagnegal,
        Unfortunately (or fortunately) I live in Australia so I am unable to pop in and have a look. What I was hoping for was that someone on the forum may be able to have a look for me next time they were in the records office. The good wife has flatly refused a trip to the UK because all I would do is spend my time going through musty old records ( I can't see the problem ;) ).
        Cheers
        Alex:Big Grin:

Comment

Nudge.

Comment

Hello Alex,
            Janet is correct in saying that the Local Studies library is closed now until 11th Jan 2010 ,limited access to start with unfortunately.
            Take a look here
            Hull History Centre - Home

I've written all your details down and i will have a trip there as soon as it opens and PM you when i've got the info. You have a long wait but let's hope it'll be worth it eh ? :smilee:

Comment

They are in Hull in 1841 as Robert MacHart cabinet maker
              and at 9 Gloucester Creascent, Islington, Middlesex in 1851 cabinet maker
              1861- 4 Sutton Street, Grays Inn Lane , St Pancras, Middlesex Piano forte maker
              by 1871 Eliza has been widowed (Eliza MacKingtosh) charwoman
              This could be his death1862Oct-Nov-DecBethnal GreenGreater London, London, Middlesex

Comment

Thanks for the info Grandma Silver.....it is much appreciated if only I could make progress on Roberts parents

Comment

Working...
                X