Break in Broadband connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break in Broadband connection

I wonder if anyone has any ideas about our mystery problem? It started when we got a 'set' of new telephones and we have been putting up with it but I think we need to sort it out! :emb:

Our Broadband is fine all the time until the phone is used. When a connection is made (incoming or outgoing) the Broadband drops for about 30-40 seconds and then resumes again. You can talk for as long as you like on the phone - Broadband is fine during that time. Then on putting the phone down it all happens again - a break of 30-40 seconds.

The break in connection only happens at the moment when the phone call is connecting/disconnecting and at no other time. :conf:

Our 'set' of phones are three Phillips cordless handsets with one base station and two chargers. It doesn't make any difference which phone is being used.

Anne

Sounds as if one of the microfilters is either missing or faulty.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Before we got these new phones (admittedly over a year ago :emb it was all OK. We had extensively checked all the microfilters, going through each bit separately and everything was perfect.

I guess we know we'll have to go through it all again :F

What I wondered was if anyone else had experience of this short break in connection? If it went off all the time whenever the phone was being used I could understand it but it only breaks at the moment of connection/disconnection.

Anne

Comment

I had the same thing drove me nuts turned out the phone line did not like the phones I cant remember but think it was because they were Analogue try unplugging them and using a ordinary phone see what happens then

Comment

Thanks Val, we'll give it a go. We really have to get to grips with this because its such a nuisance - but not a big enough nuisance to feel we have to do it NOW :emb: We'll need to set some time aside, I think :tong:

Anne

Comment

Working...
          X