Do we have any members in NY State?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have any members in NY State?

According to a website I've been looking at, the village of Clyde in Wayne County NY State has got, amongst other things, a newspaper office.

I have googled till I'm cross eyed and can't find any trace of such a thing and I would like to write to them.

Do we have anyone in NY State who might know of local newspapers?

Thanks
    Rose

Rose, I googled

newspapers, clyde, wayne county, usa

and found several newpaper sites which may be of help to you.

Good luck.

Bel
    Last edited by Bel; 05-10-09, 13:37. Reason: spelling error
    Bel

Comment

thanks Bel, will try with those search terms.
      Rose

Comment

yes, those search terms brought up a lot of possibles. Unfortunately I couldn't find a paper in Clyde which is still running.

I might take pot luck, write a letter and send it snail mail to "The newspaper office, clyde etc" lol.
        Rose

Comment

Hi - this seems to be current;-
          Wayne Times
          Times of Wayne County | Wayne County, NY News
          Newspaper of Wayne County

Comment

Or you could check with the local library. Hopefully they would have a archived copies of the local newspaper. According to their website, they have local history and genealogical collections.
            Welcome to the Clyde-Savannah Public Library
            Jenny

Comment

Jenny, you beat me to it. I was about to suggest library as I've had a lot of assistance from librarians, especially those in smaller communities.

Bel
              Bel

Comment

Thanks.

Naomi, I wrote to the Times once before. Got all excited when an email dropped in. Huge disappointment when it turned out to be someone asking about the whereabouts of someone in England lol.

Jenny and Bel, Wayne Co seem to want payment for all kinds of correspondence. I know some states have a librarian who will do small amounts of research for free.

Thanks for looking:smilee:
                Rose

Comment

Rosie - have you looked on the RAOGK website? They may have somebody who can help.

Free Genealogy Research -- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness
                  Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

thank you Bo, that looks very interesting. I'll go for a deeper look now.
                    Rose

Comment

no researchers in Wayne county, but I have bookmarked the site and will keep checking.
                      Rose

Comment

Working...
                      X